Pics on p2, Class D in the home. Crown XLS 1000 pics are up :)

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to bump this as I will be talking about the amp in this thread when it gets here.

I finally found a release date, so as of rite now they should be shipping around 5/28/2010.

Some good news is that it sounds like they are being built rite here in the good ole USA from the IN, Elkhart factory. Made in the USA is a big deal to me.

Yep still very anxious!

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I'm sure that XLS amp will do pretty decent for you, but you shoulda hit up ebay and found a Macro Tech 2400 or the like. Any of the Macro Techs put a tons of power.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I'm sure that XLS amp will do pretty decent for you, but you shoulda hit up ebay and found a Macro Tech 2400 or the like. Any of the Macro Techs put a tons of power.

Thanks man but I think the Macro is a bit too beastly for, of course I would like the higher end components it should be designed with.

I won't lie for the price I am very worried about its sound quality but power wise is just about perfect for me. My biggest requirements for an amp that was 4 ohm bridgeable and produced 250 at 8 ohm and 350 at 4 ohm stereo and this amp comes incredibly close.

The anticiapation is driving me nuts as I want to try this amp out in a direct drop in situation. They are supposed to ship March 28th and I move June 11th. Its going to be close, thats shipping from the factory and not the retailer.

Patients patients patients.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

<----jealous

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

<----jealous

To be honest this is a purchase I should have made years ago and 1100 watts at 4 ohm should be more than enough power to test just about any subwoofer out there.

Terryswork001.png

I have heard down the grapevine that the XLS is an xTI with lower DSP power and minor circuit board changes, filling the gap between the old XLS series and the xTI. That should lay your quality concerns to rest. The xTI is a very popular amplifier at the moment, especially in monitor rigs. Lacking in the low end definition compared to a MacroTech or PL9.0 or CA12, but it was not designed to fill such a place. I am sure that you will find the performance more than satisfactory. PWM circuits have come a long way since the early days, and now almost all tour amplifiers are PWM amplifiers for large acts. The new MacroTech HD's, Lab.Gruppen's 14kW amplifiers, Powerlights, Powersofts etc.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

I have heard down the grapevine that the XLS is an xTI with lower DSP power and minor circuit board changes, filling the gap between the old XLS series and the xTI. That should lay your quality concerns to rest. The xTI is a very popular amplifier at the moment, especially in monitor rigs. Lacking in the low end definition compared to a MacroTech or PL9.0 or CA12, but it was not designed to fill such a place. I am sure that you will find the performance more than satisfactory. PWM circuits have come a long way since the early days, and now almost all tour amplifiers are PWM amplifiers for large acts. The new MacroTech HD's, Lab.Gruppen's 14kW amplifiers, Powerlights, Powersofts etc.

Cheers,

Mick

That helps Mick.

When you talk, I listen and I every time I go into this thread I think of you. I will make sure to give you my review of this amp but I got to get these production set backs dealt with first.

I appreciate your comments Mick.

Thanks,

Jon

Terryswork001.png

I just got off the phone with Crown and they have started shipping the XLS 1000 DriveCore series amps.

13 or 15 of them just got shipped to the retailer that I purchased mine from so I am trying to get ahold of the retailer to make sure mine get shipped out with this first batch since I did order around January and have been very patient and nice to them every time I have talked to them.

Guys it sounds like everything is starting to come together. I'm excited very much.

Terryswork001.png

Brilliant, isn't it fun when new toys are on the way? Don't forget Jon, you owe me an in-depth review. I don't get any new toys, so I have to vouyer other's...nothing suss.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Archived