Pics on p2, Class D in the home. Crown XLS 1000 pics are up :)

Holy shit a lot of views but not many comments. Of course I know there isn't much to comment on and to the ones that did comment thank you very much. :woot:

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

funny thing is i was just looking at the XLS1000, was thinking of buying it next month

Trust me the XLS 1000 is still a great buy. I don't understand why out of 4 models they would make 3 like models and an odd one.

I have had Crown tell me this and one buisness I have talked to say that the other 3 models have better SQ. I have yet to hear the others but if they have better SQ then I don't know what to think as I feel like the XLS 1000 gets the job done and is a very competent amplifier.

I plan to run a total of 3 amps in the long run and thats when the guy at Crown told me about the noticeable offset in SQ going from the 1000 to the 1500.

I told him I was planning to use 2 XLS 1000's and one XLS 1500. The 1500 would power my main house speakers then I would use one 1000 for my center channel and the other 1000 for my rear speakers.

Thats when he got to talking about mismatching and what not and now that I'm thinking about it, its kind of pissing me off.

Unless someone is willing to pay the price I'm deffinetly going to keep my XLS 1000.

The whole point of this is to jam and that is the setup I have built. I honestly couldn't be happier. B)

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

• 1 month later...

I have heard down the grapevine that the XLS is an xTI with lower DSP power and minor circuit board changes, filling the gap between the old XLS series and the xTI. That should lay your quality concerns to rest. The xTI is a very popular amplifier at the moment, especially in monitor rigs. Lacking in the low end definition compared to a MacroTech or PL9.0 or CA12, but it was not designed to fill such a place. I am sure that you will find the performance more than satisfactory. PWM circuits have come a long way since the early days, and now almost all tour amplifiers are PWM amplifiers for large acts. The new MacroTech HD's, Lab.Gruppen's 14kW amplifiers, Powerlights, Powersofts etc.

Cheers,

Mick

Funny you mention the PL9.0.

Our sub amps are the Clair 9.0's. They are indeed low end monsters.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Funny you mention the PL9.0.

Our sub amps are the Clair 9.0's. They are indeed low end monsters.

Hoho, yes they are. 9.0's go off like a frog in a sock. I'm not sure which I like better, Crest 9000's or QSC 9.0's. Sure like lifting 9.0's a lot more.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

• 4 months later...