Sonic Electronix

I got off work, and my girlfriend called me to tell me her sub wasn't working. When I got to the house, I turned the cd player on to see if the amp kicked on, it did. I checked both coils on the sub which read 2.1 each. There is not a scratching noise when pushing on the cone of the sub. I also checked all the settings on her deck as well, every thing was where I left it. I'm thinking bad RCA's, is there any way to check for bad RCA's without buying a new pair???

Thanks in advance!

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

15 seconds pass

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

put a DMM to ohms and put the + end of the DMM to a + end on the RCA, then the - end of the DMM to the other + end of the RCA (same wire) and do that for both + and - on each rca cable

edit: if it shows some ohm load its good, if it shows nothing then its probably broken. or you can always just try some other pair of RCA's you got laying around the house or even try plugging your ipod/mp3 into the amp via the RCA's you think that are broken with an adapter (2 female RCA to 1 male 3.5mm (headphone))

I switched the RCA's out, still nothing, so I'm going to pull my deck and try the sub out from the back of my deck just to trouble shoot and see if its her deck or not, then if it still doesn't work, I'm thinking there might be something wrong in the amp...

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

15 seconds pass

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

broken solder joints maybe... in the HU or the amp.

you can monitor voltage of the RCA outs with a DMM to verify that the deck is functioning correctly. If it is and the amp is not picking up the signal...

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived