y do u wanta center channel IMO they're pointless

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

y do u wanta center channel IMO they're pointless

do you mind voicing your opinion, i mean sure i can take your word for it but i'd like to know why they are pointless

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Not in a Escalade. In the 90th i build a center in a BMW 5er. I put out the grill from the middleventilation from the dash, build a plate from thiner wood

where i put a 4 comp in, fiered by a Rainbow monocenteramp 25 RMS range 250-5000 Hz. I slipped the RCA direct on the headunitouts in. If u have any place in ur escalade, fiberglass something for the dash. U can use a coax as well, size up till 6.5 comp or coax. Need for a centerchannel is only in an SQ build. U didnt need much power, find a little monoamp what u can throw under the dash (Phonocar have an 80 RMS for years). If the center plays alone sounds quietly, nothing big, only to fill the soundhole in middle.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

i saw a build by Steve Cooke that is somewhat similar to my avalanche and he put a center channel in the dash. Looked pretty cool. Then i looked into it and the new escalades have a factory center channel with 5.1 surround built in. Just sounded cool you know there was a time in home stereo where you just had two huge cerwin vega's on each side but now.... Just wondering about peoples experiences if it would be worth it.

Archived