XS Power

XS Power Battery Wattage Guide

I have a few Q's. I've learned that you have to provide the power to make the power. You should be able to make more amperage than your setup in full could pull in order to get the most of it. Let's say a 4 alt setup in a chevy that makes 1200-1300 amps should power a 13000 watt setup. I know about how batteries provide a little amperage in the circuit. My question is, a setup that pulls more power than you alts can make, can be powered off batteries? I thought if the alts didn't put that power back in, the battery would eventually be drained down. I thought thats why a lot of people with 20, 30 and 40 thousand watt stereos using batteries to power them could only play them for limited times? Like a car making 500 amps and the stereo pulling 400 amps, would only need one battery for filtering since the alts are making all the needed power.

Sorry I asked so much, but I have a pro on hand, so I gotta learn.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

What ever power you are pulling that your alts can not provide does come from the batteries. The alts are only going to be able to provide the max power at a higher RPM rate than idle, so that is why most will increase the RPMs to play the system. Once you have exceeded the alt's possible power, then you are pulling from the batts and the voltage will start to drop. The size of the battery bank will then determine what your voltage will stay at. For example if you are pulling 200amps in access of your alt output and you have a bank of 5 D3100s, then you will be able to hold your voltage higher because of reserve you have in the batteries.

The reserve capacity is not the only thing to look at though. If the batteries can not supply the power needed as soon as it is needed then the capacity really doesn't matter. For example if a house is on fire and the fire truck gets there and they pull out the hose to start fighting the fire. Lets say it takes (making up a # here cause I have no clue) 10,000 gallons to put the fire out. If they only have a 1/2" diameter hose it really isn't going to matter how much water they have, because they will be limited on how much water they can get on the house and how quickly they can get it to the house. Now if they have a 4" diameter hose" they will be able to supply the water in greater quantities faster. This is where the design of the battery is so important. The battery can have a huge reserve, but if the design on the battery is for low amp outputs for long periods of time it is going to decrease the performance of the system. If the battery has a large reserve and can produce the power on demand, then the performance of the system will benefit.

One other thing to think about is that on a dynamic track the power you are pulling will increase and decrease, but on a bass track it will be a continuous pull.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

^^^ thanks. MECP tells you one way, but they don't account for newer battery technology. I think the Optima is their example AGM battery. So are these anything like Xstatic's battcaps or a different creature? These batteries sound impressive.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

• 1 month later...

Which batteries would I need to run 2 - Audioque 2200D. They would be on a separate system from the normal vehicle.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Which batteries would I need to run 2 - Audioque 2200D. They would be on a separate system from the normal vehicle.

What will be charging that battery?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

a 270 amp from MechMan... hopefully.

Youtube Channel

a 270 amp from MechMan... hopefully.

In that case, I'd run the biggest battery up front and a D3100 in back.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Competition or daily use?

mostly daily... maybe a few local competitions...

Youtube Channel