Jump to content

tejcurrent Rebuild- * new pics page 11


Recommended Posts

Posted

Not one post guys? I know this isn't a huge build but I'll take criticism at this point lol. I have pics and vids, I got everything up and running. From my experience one of the easiest installs, with the best results. I had over 1000 amps of Iraggi alts on this tahoe at one point, and this bracket + alts beats it hands down. It's great to stop at a stop sign and see 14+ volts with the a/c and headlights on. Pics and vids:

I soldered the plugs, I've been using some adhesive lined shrink wrap from Fastenal, it works great.

So are you saying they are not Iraggi Alts? Just looking where you said you had "over 1000 amps of Iraggi and this bracket + alts beats it hands down." Just wondering. Didnt see anywhere that you said what alts you had.

Bracket looks really good. Nice job.

Dom

Posted

So are you saying they are not Iraggi Alts? Just looking where you said you had "over 1000 amps of Iraggi and this bracket + alts beats it hands down." Just wondering. Didnt see anywhere that you said what alts you had.

Bracket looks really good. Nice job.

Dom

Dom that looks really bad out of context, I didn't mean any offense or to knock your product at all! I posted when you sent me these alts a few months back that they were your 220s and sexy at that, but it was a page or two back in the thread. I had 380s from you a year or two ago and they just didn't work out. These on the other hand are working flawlessly- and your c/s was excellent along the way. You deserve props for these alternators for sure, they look great and obviously do their job well. In my excitement over finally getting my bracket right I overlooked mentioning you again, but I'm not trying to downplay your part here- you hooked me up proper. :drinks:

*What I meant was that with about 1300 amps of peak power my voltage didn't hold as well as it does now with just 880, though I'm all about not having to rev the truck.

Thanks again.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Posted

It's been a work in progress, but it looks like it's paying off for you man.I absolutely love the 100% custom work on the bracket, as I know you've heard 100x before.Will it fit a 2003 Chevy Tahoe or 2003 Cadillac Escalade?Or only certain engine styles?I'm particularly interested in the dual alt kit.

I love this build man.A lot of quality craftsmanship going into it.Good job Dom on the beautiful alternators.I was curious about your feedback Tej on the 220s versus the 380s?

Again, incredible build, and keep up the good work.

Posted

It's been a work in progress, but it looks like it's paying off for you man.I absolutely love the 100% custom work on the bracket, as I know you've heard 100x before.Will it fit a 2003 Chevy Tahoe or 2003 Cadillac Escalade?Or only certain engine styles?I'm particularly interested in the dual alt kit.

I love this build man.A lot of quality craftsmanship going into it.Good job Dom on the beautiful alternators.I was curious about your feedback Tej on the 220s versus the 380s?

Again, incredible build, and keep up the good work.

Thanks, no man any compliments are welcome. My wife doesn't like this stuff so it's just the feedback on the forums and my own satisfaction- so feedback is a plus lol. This and the dual bracket will fit any 03 Tahoe, though I'd have to check on the 6.0 v8 that I've seen in Escalades. Give me a chance to talk to SM or mods, I want their permission before I sell anything that would compete with the companies already established here.

I will admit the first time around with Iraggi and the 380s was rocky. I was not satisfied with the output at idle- though I was warned before hand. Pretty much if I got stuck in traffic I had to turn my A/C off. They did well with a slight rev though! Unfortunately I do a lot of stop and go driving, and I just expected more.

A while back when Dom started getting more involved on The Forum we talked about my first experience and he bent over backwards to help me. He really had excellent C/S and shipped me these 220's in a timely manner. He had a great attitude and helped me out an awful lot, it was almost like dealing with a different company. I was only able to test 1 alternator at a time till now, but so far they're working great.

The best way to describe these 220s is functional show pieces. Even when I was just running one it did pretty well with 4 large batteries and several thousand watts. I knew 4 alts was a bit overkill for 10kw, but I expected some voltage drop at idle. I need to clamp my amp to know real current draw, but at .5 ohm per board these alternators have impressed me. I simply wasn't happy with his bracket and wanted to make my own, but I will never hesitate to recommend him or his products in the future. In my book he's A+.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Posted

Thanks, no man any compliments are welcome. My wife doesn't like this stuff so it's just the feedback on the forums and my own satisfaction- so feedback is a plus lol. This and the dual bracket will fit any 03 Tahoe, though I'd have to check on the 6.0 v8 that I've seen in Escalades. Give me a chance to talk to SM or mods, I want their permission before I sell anything that would compete with the companies already established here.

I will admit the first time around with Iraggi and the 380s was rocky. I was not satisfied with the output at idle- though I was warned before hand. Pretty much if I got stuck in traffic I had to turn my A/C off. They did well with a slight rev though! Unfortunately I do a lot of stop and go driving, and I just expected more.

A while back when Dom started getting more involved on The Forum we talked about my first experience and he bent over backwards to help me. He really had excellent C/S and shipped me these 220's in a timely manner. He had a great attitude and helped me out an awful lot, it was almost like dealing with a different company. I was only able to test 1 alternator at a time till now, but so far they're working great.

The best way to describe these 220s is functional show pieces. Even when I was just running one it did pretty well with 4 large batteries and several thousand watts. I knew 4 alts was a bit overkill for 10kw, but I expected some voltage drop at idle. I need to clamp my amp to know real current draw, but at .5 ohm per board these alternators have impressed me. I simply wasn't happy with his bracket and wanted to make my own, but I will never hesitate to recommend him or his products in the future. In my book he's A+.

How would you feel about an all expenses paid trip to Florida to whip up a bracket similar like that for a Nissan? ;)

What is the deal with the 380s and the idle?I've heard similar stories, that they are almost non-present at idle it seems like and then with just the slightest tap on the throttle they zap to life.

Posted

Man a trip would be nice, I like Florida :)

In all seriousness my bro has a Nissan truck (hard body) and plans on getting a new Titan and my wife the Armada. What year/model/engine are we talking, because I may be able to help with at least a template.

Different people have different stories on the 380s. My personal experience was that they had almost no output at idle. At a rev they have high output- which is their purpose. For me unless you absolutely have to fit the most amperage in a regular case as possible it isn't a good daily alt. To me one 'daily beater' good alt should have no problem sustaining a moderate system (with good batts and wiring of course) and necessary vehicle functions like a/c and lights while at idle. The 220s do just that.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Posted

Man a trip would be nice, I like Florida :)

In all seriousness my bro has a Nissan truck (hard body) and plans on getting a new Titan and my wife the Armada. What year/model/engine are we talking, because I may be able to help with at least a template.

Different people have different stories on the 380s. My personal experience was that they had almost no output at idle. At a rev they have high output- which is their purpose. For me unless you absolutely have to fit the most amperage in a regular case as possible it isn't a good daily alt. To me one 'daily beater' good alt should have no problem sustaining a moderate system (with good batts and wiring of course) and necessary vehicle functions like a/c and lights while at idle. The 220s do just that.

DC Power swears up and down that they make a dual alternator kit for the 2nd generation Nissan Xterra, but they say it fits the 2004 and up Nissan Xterras and Pathfinders.However, Nissan offered the 1st generation Xterra up until 2004 and in 2005 they released a completely redesigned Xterra, the second generation.So there is no way they offer a dual alternator bracket for the 2004 and up Xterra/Frontier/Pathfinder.

The engine in the Titan and Armadas is a V8 5.6 Liter engine, engine code VK56DE.The Xterras and Frontiers, and even some Pathfinders, have the 4.0 Liter V6, engine code VQ40DE.

My interest in the 380 was that I was considering running it in my Xterra, because of the location of the alternator (at the bottom passenger side of the engine).It seemed that a dual alternator kit down there was unfeasible and I was going to have to settle with one alternator that would do the absolute most power.This build has really opened my eyes to other options however, and it is also my understanding that Dom has been retooling a lot of his equipment and I am waiting to see what he has in store.

Posted

DC Power swears up and down that they make a dual alternator kit for the 2nd generation Nissan Xterra, but they say it fits the 2004 and up Nissan Xterras and Pathfinders.However, Nissan offered the 1st generation Xterra up until 2004 and in 2005 they released a completely redesigned Xterra, the second generation.So there is no way they offer a dual alternator bracket for the 2004 and up Xterra/Frontier/Pathfinder.

The engine in the Titan and Armadas is a V8 5.6 Liter engine, engine code VK56DE.The Xterras and Frontiers, and even some Pathfinders, have the 4.0 Liter V6, engine code VQ40DE.

My interest in the 380 was that I was considering running it in my Xterra, because of the location of the alternator (at the bottom passenger side of the engine).It seemed that a dual alternator kit down there was unfeasible and I was going to have to settle with one alternator that would do the absolute most power.This build has really opened my eyes to other options however, and it is also my understanding that Dom has been retooling a lot of his equipment and I am waiting to see what he has in store.

My brothers truck is a 96, but it has an engine from a pathfinder I believe. Which what year is yours- and is that the 4.0 you have?

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Posted

My brothers truck is a 96, but it has an engine from a pathfinder I believe. Which what year is yours- and is that the 4.0 you have?

I have a 2005 Nissan Xterra with the V6 4.0 Liter engine.Feel free to move this to PM if you'd like.I don't mean to threadjack.I just figured this was keeping your thread at the top of the build list ;)

Posted

I'll have to try to find one locally and see how it's set up, much appreciated though :)

I got some wiring cut and soldered for tomorrow, but that's it other than picking up some banners for the garage:

Wiring_20.jpg

Banner_1.jpg

Banner_3.jpg

Banner_2.jpg

More tomorrow.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3795 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...