tejcurrent Rebuild- * new pics page 11

I sketched up a dual/triple bracket for my truck. It looks good enough as is I wont be working on a dual bracket- you can simply add a 2nd pulley to convert from 2 to 3 alternators. Same thickness and similar design to the quad bracket, so it should be very sturdy.

Once cleared with mods these should sell for around 250 in dual form and 300 with all the parts to do three.

Sketch_1.jpg

Sketch_2.jpg

Crappy sketch of changing pulley locations to add the extra alt.

Sketch_3.jpg

Any thoughts or interest in this?

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately there are enough alternator bracket companies already with SMD, so I must respect Mr. Meade and his admins.

I got a few pms and emails from forum members after my last post, so for you guys please check out the a pre-sale going on on the SSA forum in the tejcurrent section, and my website tejcurrent.com will be running soon. Other than that I'll get back on topic with my build.

Things are working great, but with between .5-1 inch peak to peak movement I believe the subs have a lot more to offer. The next box will be larger, or I'll be doubling the power :ehh:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seriously considering adding another 1000.1, so I figured I'd upgrade my electrical system a bit more. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have in-vehicle test numbers, but I'm building some 250s that should still do really well at idle. Then I'll be adding some more 3100s. Pics:

8mm output post, a bit larger than factory

alt3.jpg

The color makes it look either completely black, or like it has white chunks from the flash. The alts have a black case, but I was thinking about adding a bit of red to the pulley and making them the 'Night Rider' edition lol.

alt4.jpg

alt5.jpg

Other than giving quite a few demos that's about it. I upgraded to the gates HD belt, no reason to I just figured why not? I might have to do some transmission work soon. :bull:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Awesome work. This build just keeps getting better and better. I was thinking about doing the same thing when I get my vcm minus the plexi.

Thanks! I tested the alternator pictured in a truck with 2300 rms running on one red-top under the hood. He simply didn't have enough power to find out what the alternator can fully do, actually he had no voltage drop at idle. My combined idle amperage between all four alternators on my truck will be in the 720+ area, with 2k rpm output around 1000 amps. :drink40: I didn't even expect the kind of output I'm getting, so I'm going to test a whole lot more before rating these guys.

I'm really putting thought into another 10,000 watts, so I might be making a 6 alternator bracket doing about 1100 amps at idle. :peepwall:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

• 3 weeks later...

A little update. The Iraggi alts worked great, but obviously I wanted my own alts in there.

Flat black.

tejcurrent_ad244_1.jpg

tejcurrent_ad244_2.jpg

tejcurrent_ad244_3.jpg

Matching flat black bracket:

quad5.jpg

quad3.jpg

quad1.jpg

quad2.jpg

quad4.jpg

I'm still testing and turning the amp up, I have a really really short vid not worth posting, but my trailer hitch is moving on music like it used to on test tones :)

I'm debating on more cone area but I'm really busy with 20 different projects, maybe a few vids this week :shrug:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

nice bracket, make more and sell it...

Thanks, I have not been approved to sell any of the alternators and brackets I am making on this forum. I do sell this quad bracket and alternators in a kit, but I enjoy visiting this forum and respect the mods, so I will in no way push my products here, I'm just posting some pics of my build.

alts look great. i want one.

Thank you, again I have to refer to my statement above.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived