tejcurrent Rebuild- * new pics page 11

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I'm keeping crazy busy but I had a few hours to start on the new box. I like the way the current one sounds, but I want a little more low end as this one just doesn't get some of the c&s music I listen to.

Last scores with this box before turning the gain up considerably were 151@32Hz and 151.6@42Hz at the dash. It got quite a bit louder but I never had time to meter.

I haven't ripped the old box out yet, I'm waiting to get the new one finished first.

Old box: 15 ft^3 @ 36Hz with 200sq of port.

New box: 18 ft^3 @ 36Hz with 230sq of port. The larger box is closer to the tailgate and should drop the tuning to around 33Hz. The port is removable so I can adjust however I want down the road, or drop in a different port for comps.

To help shed some weight I'm using birch, the old box was in the 300lb range, where this one should be less than 250 despite it being much larger and having a lot more metal/wood.

Anyway, on to pics:

I used my brothers heap instead of a trailer to pick up the 4 sheets of wood.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Mobile work shop, can you tell I like Ridgid?

3.jpg

4.jpg

The bottom, top plates, and some back pieces being cut.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Cut some 45's, they'll be cut to size on a miter saw from here.

8.jpg

The side pieces:

9.jpg

I used a router to make a 1/8" groove around the sides, it will make wrapping it much easier.

10.jpg

11.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

A side shot of the groove:

12.jpg

13.jpg

Almost all cut:

14.jpg

Here's a mock-up of the port just for size reference:

15.jpg

And the assembly, I'm using screws, but its so much easier to pop a few finish nails in to hold things in place while I drill/screw:

16.jpg

The groove makes the panels look like they aren't flush in some shots but it's just lighting:

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I got a bit more work done today, and picked up some supplies. I'm still waiting on the vinyl so I can't finish it anyway.

I cut the fastening area for the port:

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

I routed out a section on the port face so the vinyl could be tucked around the painted section.

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

3/4 Round over on the front and back.

35.jpg

36.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I painted the port with a coat of filler primer and a first coat of white so I could see the blemishes caused by the nailer to hit with some wood filler tomorrow.

37.jpg

38.jpg

38_5.jpg

Test fitting the port

42.jpg

43.jpg

I then finished up with the final section that the port fastens to, first a base of 3/4" birch

44.jpg

Then a layer of 1/2" mdf

45.jpg

And I clamped it overnight.

46.jpg

Tomorrow I'll get the final pieces cut and assembled, I just have to wait on materials to assemble things completely.

I also purchased some 1.25" threaded rod for bracing

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

holy fuckin shit. someone has some big fuckin nuts.

39118_1509236767337_1126873577_31470344_6306040_n.jpg

2 12" memphis mojo mojo12d4

hifonics brutus bxi 2610D

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

ddm tuning 8000k 35w hids

C&D technologies battery (100 ah)

custom box tuned to around 45hz(designed buy fritosaregood)

2010 kia forte koup

lol, nice reference.

Honesty I hang out with these guys at Fastenal, the manager hooked me up with this for the same price as 1/2" at Lowes. They carry 2" threaded rod in stock and can order bigger. I think even this is overkill, but for the price I payed I figured why not, and the displacement was right for my build plans.

I did some work today but I've got some shipments to go through, then I'll be formatting and uploading more pics. I settled on a slightly off shade of vinyl from what I wanted, but they didn't have padding in stock. Maybe I'll be done and have vids tomorrow, if not it'll be next week some time.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Got some 45's cut, but not finished.

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

Filled in the nail holes in with wood filler, hopefully I'll have that port done tomorrow.

50.jpg

I started tracing a logo onto a 1/4" piece of mdf, the letters are getting cut out and wrapped.

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

Then the whole thing drops place

54.jpg

and as it stands now

55.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived