Sonic Electronix

So I've been toying with the idea of a wall in my 00 camaro. It won't happen for awhile but could be a possibility just wanted to know if it has been done before, trying to go for something different with it yet still be a daily. I tried a search but didn't see any, just mostly in the hatch and the AQ firebird w/ the 4 12's in the backseat area. Any thoughts/comments/concerns??

I used to compete against a guy with 2) 18s walled in a camaro. It wasnt that loud and it sounded bad and tuned high. But it looked cool.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

So I've been toying with the idea of a wall in my 00 camaro. It won't happen for awhile but could be a possibility just wanted to know if it has been done before, trying to go for something different with it yet still be a daily. I tried a search but didn't see any, just mostly in the hatch and the AQ firebird w/ the 4 12's in the backseat area. Any thoughts/comments/concerns??

i saw the title and was gonna suggest that

Well i downloaded googles sketchup and this is the first time using it but i did the best i could on designing an idea.

camaro_mockup1.jpg

camaro_mockup2.jpg

This would go on the camaros hatch hump as pictured here:

02camaro15_12_of_13.jpg

The subs would be above the seats or be angled to point up above them. And the black shaded circles are the ports.

Also, the dimensions aren't done but this is an idea for either two 12's or two 15's ported by aeroports. I don't build boxes and have a lot to learn so any comments are greatly appreciated!

Edited by cfallsguy

i did a box kind of like that in my trunk, It wasnt any uniform shape but more like 3 different boxes bolted together, It had terrible output for what it was.

I built a box to go in my 300zx and it's almost like your car in the hatch. I built it with the sub's facing up and the ports up as well... but angled the sub's just a little toward the windshield it sound's loude and deep!

1991 Nissan 300zx

JVC KD-HDR50

(2)Kicker L7 10's

Custom enclosure(Entire hatch)

Hifonics 1606D (Subs)

Kicker 650.4 (Mids & Highs)

Hifonics ZXi 5.2C (Front)

Kicker 07DS600 (Rear)

actually have done some what of the same box except with subs firing up...used all alphasonik gear (2) psw612 and it does like a 149.8 on tl in a 00 camaro as well

Edited by xtremeacoustiks

www.bassproducers.com

TEAMS

TEAM BASSPRODUCERS, TEAM HERTZ (VA)

*Ranger System*

(4) 18" Kicker Comp

(4) 10" Kicker Comp

Dual Stinger Alts.

(5) Rockford Punch 200's

(2) Punch 100's

*Outlander System*152.6 DB so Far*

(8) TXX-APX12W

(2) AP-30001D'S

(2) AP-2004'S

(8) APMB6'S

(4) KHC2400'S

My only problem would be getting the dimensions right and getting too much/too little of airspace. If i do this project I'll probably try and find someone in the area to help me out who knows how to build them to spec and port. But overall, it should work? If i did two 12's i might go with the lvl 4 xl's or something around that.