Just got my new comp!

Ok so no pics yet because it is still not assembled yet but I wanna know what you guys think.

Case: Thermaltake Element S ATX mid tower

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785G

RAM: 4GB Kington Hyper X DDR2

Processor: AMD Phenom II AM3 3GHZ Quad Core

Video Card: EVGA 1GB DDR3 256bit (GeFore GTS250)

HD: 1TB Western Digital

PSU: OCZ Tech 700watts

Drives: LG DVD RW 22x, nMediaPC 5.25" internal card reader

_____

This will be running a 26" Dell monitor, 19" NEC monitor (I can't stand the 26" for web browsing), WoW, RtCW and editing HD video.

As far as other stuff I have a Razer mouse, a nice set of Logitech speakers and I am going to buy a new Logitech G15, since my other one was rock solid until recently.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Not a fan of the GTS250...Nvidia is guilty of re-badging old cards and marketing them as if they were new. GTS250 is a re-badged 9800GTX+, which is a couple-year-old card.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Looks like that will be good enough for your needs. I am not a fan of re-badged parts also... but if you didn't overpay for anything that's a sweet config you have got there.

Edited by Moti
777319156.png

I got it all for roughly $700...The card was $139, but people seem to like it for the most part.

My old comp (130GB HD, 128mb ddr2 video card, 1gb ddr2 RAM, 2.66ghz single core processor) ran WoW just fine on the settings I like it on, so I am not at all worried about this things performance, except the HD video part.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Not a fan of the GTS250...Nvidia is guilty of re-badging old cards and marketing them as if they were new. GTS250 is a re-badged 9800GTX+, which is a couple-year-old card.

yea but the price is cheaper then the gtx was and it was ddr3 on that card anyway so it was ahead of the game so for everyday stuff it was a good buy he could have ended up with a 9400gs lol

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN