Optima Battery Question..ugly Box Pic Aded..

Well My lights are dimming giving me the blues..My local autozone carries the 34/78 series yellowtop and Redtop..These are for Chevy Trucks..Would you guys purchase one to stick in your trunk if you had a Civic..??? Would that extra battery help out with my light dimming and all that...I am about to run to Wal-Mart and buy freakin cheap batteries cause I need the voltage and it is getting on my nerves to drive down the road and look like a GD Christmas Tree with blinking lights..Someone please give me some insight..Oh yeah Optima quit making the 51 series for cars like Honda and Acura and Optima customer service is a joke...

Edited by zaxfire69

I have a civic and the first thing I did was buy a H/O alt. Its your best friend and you will always use it. As far as adding a second batt I would try and go with a group 31 but its only gonna be a bandaid for awhile.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

2006 Bass Race 156 points

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2006 Bass Race 156 points

2008 Starting from scratch

I have a 160 amp alternator...Why would it be a band-aide?? A group 31 is a big battery...Would the 34/78 along with my battery I have under my hood be sufficent for Daily driving??

Edited by zaxfire69

What about getting a Kinetik hc1400? I think it will fit under your hood! I got a redtop in my explorer and I'm getting a kinetik hc800 at the end of the month to put in the back.

I agree with this man ALL THE WAY!!! ^^^^

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Question is the 2400 the biggest that Kinetik makes..And if I use my Starting battery up front and A kinetik Big boy in the back would that be sufficent...??? If so..Done deal..Remember I have the 160 amp alt...

Question is the 2400 the biggest that Kinetik makes..And if I use my Starting battery up front and A kinetik Big boy in the back would that be sufficent...??? If so..Done deal..Remember I have the 160 amp alt...

I thought I heard they made an HC2600 or something, but I may be wrong. The HC2400 is WAYYYY powerful & if you get a 1400 up front & maybe 1 or 2 800's in the back, I'd bet your voltage problems would be history.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.