Sonic Electronix

Hi Everyone! ok i plan on getting a car system on my Pontiac G6 2008 4 Door. i'm going to leave the stock radio and front speakers i just want to add the subs and amp by using the low to high converter. i want something with bass! that people could hear me coming, but that will still sound nice and clean. i'm pretty sure i want to get the rockford T 1000-1bd newest model. for subs i'm not sure i was thinking about getting the rockford P'3 12" (2 of them) but i'm not sure if that's going to be loud or if it's the right subs to get the most out of this amp. i don't want to change the alternator but i'm willing to change the big three wiring to have better sound quality and my lights not to dim. any suggestions on what subs to get that will pound with this amp?? don't have to be rockford. also any other suggestions on amps?? and for the wiring i'm going with the 4 gauge.

as you can see from my sig. below thats the same amp/sub

combo i gonna have in my boat(ordered just last nite). after

months of looking thats what i figured out. gonna run it at 2

ohms at 650 watts. my daughters honda has two 10s @ 150

watts and my sons vw has one 12 @ 200 watts both of which

rock in the car and you can hear coming . so two 12@650 should

be just fine. you could run that amp @ 1 ohm which i think

comes out right around a 1000 watts. im running 2 gauge wire

to power it but i believe the input size is 4 gauge so you should

also be fine there.not sure if big three is ness. but cant hurt.

now i will throw this out there. for my truck im lookin at

audioque. sdc2.5 12s and aq1200. 870watts @ 2 ohm.

other people will say dc and fi so there are other choices.

hope this helps

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

Using a low to high convertor already ruined your "sound quality". Oh wait, the stock head-unit part already did. It will not be as good as RCAs straight from the back of a good hu. A Sony Xplod can get people to hear you coming fyi lol. The P3s and amplifier are a great choice for a first system that will give good sound. If you still want a sub good sound quality yet pounding, get a Image Dynamics IDMAX 12". If you want your lights to not dim, adding a new battery or replacing your existing battery is a great solution. I'm sure the G6 will have a good enough stock alt.

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

Using a low to high convertor already ruined your "sound quality". Oh wait, the stock head-unit part already did. It will not be as good as RCAs straight from the back of a good hu. A Sony Xplod can get people to hear you coming fyi lol. The P3s and amplifier are a great choice for a first system that will give good sound. If you still want a sub good sound quality yet pounding, get a Image Dynamics IDMAX 12". If you want your lights to not dim, adding a new battery or replacing your existing battery is a great solution. I'm sure the G6 will have a good enough stock alt.

ok what would you recommend would be the best way to go in this car with that amp and the wiring

as you can see from my sig. below thats the same amp/sub

combo i gonna have in my boat(ordered just last nite). after

months of looking thats what i figured out. gonna run it at 2

ohms at 650 watts. my daughters honda has two 10s @ 150

watts and my sons vw has one 12 @ 200 watts both of which

rock in the car and you can hear coming . so two 12@650 should

be just fine. you could run that amp @ 1 ohm which i think

comes out right around a 1000 watts. im running 2 gauge wire

to power it but i believe the input size is 4 gauge so you should

also be fine there.not sure if big three is ness. but cant hurt.

now i will throw this out there. for my truck im lookin at

audioque. sdc2.5 12s and aq1200. 870watts @ 2 ohm.

other people will say dc and fi so there are other choices.

hope this helps

thanx! but do you think there's other subs out there that would get the best out of this amp. i wana get the best subs for this amp. idk if 2 or 4 ohms

Most underground subs that are labled in this forum WILL pound. List a budget that you have and cubic space that you're willing to give up and i'm sure someone can lead you in the write direction.

space i think i have enough to even put 3 12" subs in the trunk. what i really need help on is with which subs should i go with that will pound with this amp. because i think this is a very go amp

well you need to decide ohms first cuz

4 ohm= 350watts

2 ohm= 650watts

1 ohm= 1000watts minimum

remember that fosgate amp birth sheets

always read more than advertised watts.

as for the subs i guess your budget will be

primary factor. better subs also depend on

what ur doin with them. are you doin any

comps, tryin to impress "steve" or just want

subs that hit. like i sed earlier my boats

gettin ps3 . my truck by july will have audioque.

dc , fi ,aa all have kick ass equipment.

hell there's even ton of guys that swear by

kicker :01nocomment8so:

Edited by az73

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

I agree with the stock head unit needing replaced. The stock stuff is E-Q'ed funny for the stock speakers. When getting loud the stock unit backs the bass off for the junk stock speakers. This is not friendly for a basshead such as us.

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp