home sound proofing

the cupholder trick is for preventing standing waves and is a cheap and ineffective way of reproducing the effect of putting that foam egg crate shaped stuff on the walls.

A lot of garage bands would go get old carpet and nail it to the walls to keep the neighbors complaining. not sure if that's the effect you're after or not though.

the spray foam costs twice as much as fiber glass insulation. but if you have the money look in to it.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

Floating floor and double walls with staggered studs. Pretty much build a room inside a room with the inside studs decoupled from the outside room with rubber. If you don't care about sound leaving the room and just want to make it sound good in the room, you can make some acoustic panels with some 703 rigid fiberglass panels. Just build some wooden frames around these, and then cover them with some type of fabric. The wood will help it keep it's shape and will give u something to mount to the wall.

You can build some corner bass traps

You can use that 703 to build a floating cloud.

That'll all help with response in the room, but not really with sound-proofing. They might help a little, though. But if you want to block sound from leaving your room, just put stuff all over the walls. Heavy carpets, rugs, curtains... Stuff like that. Mass is what will stop the sound.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

• 1 year later...

Im in the process of building a home studio and have done a lot of research on this topic. I have even heard of people using heavy weight moving blankets with are relatively inexpensive here is the link for 12 90-95lb blankets. http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Moving-Supplies/Moving-Blankets-Moving-Pads

Archived