zachhern1 Posted February 12, 2010 Report Posted February 12, 2010 Im looking for a 6.5 component set for my front doors for my avalanche and my budget on speakers is about 175...I'm unsure about CDT audio because I havent really heard of them as much as polk...Is CDT any good or should i just buy polk momos? also any ideas on a 2 channel amp to push them under $200? any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks If i were to get the CDTs they would probably be these... http://www.woofersetc.com/p4596/CL61A25-PR...nt-Speakers.htm
pstone11 Posted February 12, 2010 Report Posted February 12, 2010 Im looking for a 6.5 component set for my front doors for my avalanche and my budget on speakers is about 175...I'm unsure about CDT audio because I havent really heard of them as much as polk...Is CDT any good or should i just buy polk momos? also any ideas on a 2 channel amp to push them under $200? any help would be greatly appreciated..thanksIf i were to get the CDTs they would probably be these... http://www.woofersetc.com/p4596/CL61A25-PR...nt-Speakers.htm I have ran both sets, They both can handle 100 RMS even though the CDT tweeters aren't too happy about it... IMO the polks sound much much better. I am currently running the classics in the sausage and the polks are in my DD. CDT's are getting pulled and replaced though.. Kinda screechy Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!
zachhern1 Posted February 12, 2010 Author Report Posted February 12, 2010 I have ran both sets, They both can handle 100 RMS even though the CDT tweeters aren't too happy about it... IMO the polks sound much much better. I am currently running the classics in the sausage and the polks are in my DD. CDT's are getting pulled and replaced though.. Kinda screechy ok that helps...ill just go with the momos...got any opinion on an amp?
zachhern1 Posted February 12, 2010 Author Report Posted February 12, 2010 I have ran both sets, They both can handle 100 RMS even though the CDT tweeters aren't too happy about it... IMO the polks sound much much better. I am currently running the classics in the sausage and the polks are in my DD. CDT's are getting pulled and replaced though.. Kinda screechy can the polks run 150w rms cleanly?
-Hobby- Posted February 12, 2010 Report Posted February 12, 2010 I havent heard the CDT's to compare but I do love the 6.5 Momo comp set in my truck. Great mid bass response and smooth sounding tweeters. I run both my comp sets off a Polk PA500.4. Pretty good match power wise for the comps. An AQ4X90 would work well too. At $229 each shipped its a pretty good deal.
zachhern1 Posted February 12, 2010 Author Report Posted February 12, 2010 I havent heard the CDT's to compare but I do love the 6.5 Momo comp set in my truck. Great mid bass response and smooth sounding tweeters. I run both my comp sets off a Polk PA500.4. Pretty good match power wise for the comps.An AQ4X90 would work well too. At $229 each shipped its a pretty good deal. ok thanks...ill look into those amps
zachhern1 Posted February 12, 2010 Author Report Posted February 12, 2010 which amp would be a better decision? the AQ4x90 or PA500.4? they seem to be around the same price....
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.