what size serpentine belt?

how much smaller of a belt do i need to get for my HO alt? i never had a problem with it slipping but after some fun in the mud it started to scream lol. anyways, i thought i remembered some one saying to just go .5" smaller to counteract the smaller pully but i just wanted to make sure. the length of my belt is 88.6", 6 ribs, i think .82" wide.

06 buick rendezvous cxl 3.5L if anyone wants to look it up.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

your stock belt is a GATES PART # K060888..... So that would be 88.8" long. Walk into a part store, pick up what looks to be a somewhat smart person (Good luck) and ask what the next step DOWN IN SIZE WOULD BE. I'm thinking a GATES PART # k060882, but that is a little more then a 1/2 loss. There might be a "LESSER" loss belt...

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

ok, i gotcha. so .5" is normaly enough?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

ok, i went out and got a k060878. the package on the k060888 said it was just over 89". the 878 is 88 3/8". it was hard to reach everything with all the 1/0 wire in the way but it was actualy one of the easiest things ive changed on my car. the belt isnt slipping anymore, not that i can hear anyway, so im happy. wonder if my voltage will be a little better now too.

thanks newls, you helped me pick the right one.

Archived