Sonic Electronix

Looking into getting some SS SPL Tiles and was just wondering about how much i should get to do my floor, back wall, doors, and roof. Its going in a Ext. S10 with the 3rd door. I know Anthony with SS told me 100 tiles will get me 41sqft, but do i really need that much?

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

Looking into getting some SS SPL Tiles and was just wondering about how much i should get to do my floor, back wall, doors, and roof. Its going in a Ext. S10 with the 3rd door. I know Anthony with SS told me 100 tiles will get me 41sqft, but do i really need that much?

Yes

You always need more than you think.

The floor, back wall, and doors and roof are probably over 60 sq ft.

1 layer is pretty good. Maybe do 1-2 layers of the Damplifier Pro.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

You always need more than you think.

The floor, back wall, and doors and roof are probably over 60 sq ft.

1 layer is pretty good. Maybe do 1-2 layers of the Damplifier Pro.

Damplifier Pro is even more expensive than the SPL tiles, but id rather use it. At the moment im kinda hard for cash because ive been ordering all the stuff in my sig with the exception of this.

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-Knu Konceptz Wire

Damplifier Pro is even more expensive than the SPL tiles, but id rather use it. At the moment im kinda hard for cash because ive been ordering all the stuff in my sig with the exception of this.

Deadener should be first thing ordered for a build, lol

Talk with Anthony on what would fit your budget, they also have regular Damplifier and Spectrum Sludge, there is something for all budgets.

Ask him nice and mention that you will be posting about you using it and maybe he will be extra nice.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Deadener should be first thing ordered for a build, lol

Talk with Anthony on what would fit your budget, they also have regular Damplifier and Spectrum Sludge, there is something for all budgets.

Ask him nice and mention that you will be posting about you using it and maybe he will be extra nice.

Yeah....... me=procrastinator lol

Anthony recomended the SPL tiles to me and gave me a code for a 10% discount but idk if i wanna do SPL tiles. But hey i gots a 10% code for whatever i decide on!

-Knu Konceptz Wire

I got Damp lite and it works pretty well. Was cheapest they had, but still much much better then not having deadener at all. I would recommend that. I wouldn't worry about double layers or even covering every square inch. You'll just be wasting money. I don't think it'll help that much, as long as you cover the middle of the big open areas of sheet metal. I'd say try for like 70% coverage. That way you will save money some money, but the deadener will still be very effective.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

I got Damp lite and it works pretty well. Was cheapest they had, but still much much better then not having deadener at all. I would recommend that. I wouldn't worry about double layers or even covering every square inch. You'll just be wasting money. I don't think it'll help that much, as long as you cover the middle of the big open areas of sheet metal. I'd say try for like 70% coverage. That way you will save money some money, but the deadener will still be very effective.

I looked at that as well and am considering it. All i really need to do is keep the flexing and rattling down to a minimum. I really dont wanna put all this money in this and have it sound like ass even from the outside.

-Knu Konceptz Wire

Archived