Randomly Losing Hard Drive Space..WTF

Do a disk cleanup. Quickest and easiest way to fix that. Restore Points take up a shit ton of space if you don't clear them out from time to time. Another thing that happens, if it's a laptop, is that standby mode does that as well. Clear out the restore points and standby backups, and you'll gain a lot of space. I do it atleast once a month, and I'll regain 10 gigs atleast.

just did that and got 2+ gigs back thanks bud

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

old school Dell dimension 8300, running XP SP3, 2 hdds, main one is 60gb (the one im having the problem with) and my 2nd one is 140gb. my system restore space is set to something around 3 gigs.

i did a disk cleanup and i got 1.7 gigs back from "compressing" files.

Tune-Up Utilities 2010 cracked over everything else

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Automatic updates, temp files, files in the recycling bin, and saved data from when your computer goes into sleep/hyb. My laptop likes to store 2gigs of data when it goes to sleep sometimes.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

lol, i hate old comps, i love my new compaq

i got 156gb left on my internal hd and 850gb left on my external hd, this black friday if they still have em on sale ima get another 1tb external hd and run another for the shit of it or keep it put up till i need it

to go kinda with this thread

if i wanted to free up more space on my c drive cant i move it to my external hd and delete it off my c drive?

and will i still be able to get to my songs threw i tunes? i quit saving stuff to my c drive, now it goes to my external hd

and if i did do this will it make it faster? i got it set to defrag every morning at 3am i think or so and install its own updates, im glad technology came far long enough that u can make a comp keep itself up to date without doing it urself

i only have 2gb of ram, and i was gunna go and put in 4gb of ram but i unno what diff that will make

but ya if i was u ied save up n get a 500gb or a 1tb at black friday sales, i think mine costs $150 retail and i got mine for $80 on sale so i got it half price kinda, and i love western digital too then u can just put all ur stuff to it, hell mine came with a program that sends all my data to it and even makes its own windows backup file and sent it to it as well so i guess im good, i got this so if anything ever happin to my comp i can just unhook the hd, restore the comp, hook back up and presto everything back to the way it was

not trying to thread jack, just tryin to help, n i unno why u would loose 2 gb every once ina while

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

if i wanted to free up more space on my c drive cant i move it to my external hd and delete it off my c drive?

and will i still be able to get to my songs threw i tunes? i quit saving stuff to my c drive, now it goes to my external hd

You should be able to, I've never used external storage like that, but if you did I think everytime you disconnect/reconnect it iTunes would have to re-recognize the song locations.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

hmmm. well my secondary only has like 20 gigs left and thats all from Alldata disk's, movies, 25 gigs of songs, and games.

edit: i also have 2gb of ram. and Defraggler says that like 65% of my hdd is fragmented LOL

Archived