Second Skin Audio

Calling all box designers

PUNKYOU007

I am about to purchase 4 AQ HDC3 18's. I am going to power them with two AQ 3500d.1's. My max outside dimensions are 48"w x 21"h x 57"d.

I would like the box to be 48"w x 21"h and you can change the depth.

Also i would like to have a removable port incase my choice of tuning doesnt work out for me. I would like the first port to be 33Hz

I would like the desgin to be subs up port back

The displacement of each sub is .33

DJ reccomends 16 square inches of port to every cubic foot of the box

He also said the subs should get 6 cubes each but with my power i was thinking we should go smaller, i dont know you tell me.

Please include bracing into your calculations.

I have no problem compensating you for your efforts but if you wont do it for free, at least be reasonable. i hope to get a few different designs.

Need anymore info let me know.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I am about to purchase 4 AQ HDC3 18's. I am going to power them with two AQ 3500d.1's. My max outside dimensions are 48"w x 21"h x 57"d.

I would like the box to be 48"w x 21"h and you can change the depth.

Also i would like to have a removable port incase my choice of tuning doesnt work out for me. I would like the first port to be 33Hz

I would like the desgin to be subs up port back

The displacement of each sub is .33

DJ reccomends 16 square inches of port to every cubic foot of the box

He also said the subs should get 6 cubes each but with my power i was thinking we should go smaller, i dont know you tell me.

Please include bracing into your calculations.

I have no problem compensating you for your efforts but if you wont do it for free, at least be reasonable. i hope to get a few different designs.

Need anymore info let me know.

1) get copper coils

2) why 33 hz, u have plenty of power and cuft to tune higher and still maintain low end

3) u dont have that much power so u want to have 24-25cuft after all displacement

4) what are u lookin for with this build tho, are u competing or is this just to slump around with?

ive already done something for Newls1, if u didnt catch it he has similar dimensions and doesnt have a removable port but he can change tuning by shrinkn port area...just an example

mom.jpg

this was for btls

untitled-15.jpg

uve got lots of room

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i've made a few boxes, but im still practicing with the ports and the cu. in. of space in each side.... my guess is that you want the subs facing up? and im also guessing from your avatar you have a SUV?? so you'd most likely want a pretty big box?? i cant promise anything, but im in the process of building a bandpass box for one 15" L7 solo baric, im charging him $50 for everything, thats labor, wood, etc.... if i was closer to you, i would def. build one for you asap, but like I said i cant really promise anything... idk

'91 geo

Everest Sound Labs

Kinetik

Mechman

Clarion

if its too loud, your too old!

Rob

do you plan on adding more amp later or will this be it?

myself id do 36hz tuning and 26-28 cubes but w/e lol

what do i know though i haven't done many boxes im a noob

^^ its true

the mods just gave him 21,000 posts because he has a huge e-penis

lol, j/k

u building the box?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

1) get copper coils

2) why 33 hz, u have plenty of power and cuft to tune higher and still maintain low end

3) u dont have that much power so u want to have 24-25cuft after all displacement

4) what are u lookin for with this build tho, are u competing or is this just to slump around with?

i am getting the copper coils

Honestly my current box is tuned to 38Hz and i just wanted to try something different, thats why i want to do a removable port so i can change the tuning later i need be

well :P , i thought i had plenty of power

i am competeing but this is my daily

Yeah i have seen Newls1's box, nice, but i dont wanna be a copy cat :D

i honestly cant remember but i may have done a design for punkyou before at some time or another.

actually you have designed 3 boxes for me, actually one for me and two for my boy...that he never went through with.

In the future if the two amps dont do what i want then i will add two more. but for this year at least i am just gonna stick to the two. Acutally once i get some pricing i might try out some Cadence amps. I think they have a 5100 @ 1 ohm, 6000 @ 1 ohm and a 7100 @ 1 ohm.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

i just did some measurements, and i came up with the port being 6in. high and 4ft long.... the box converted into cubic inches would be around 288... hope this helps....

From what Dj said i would need about 384 square inches of port. He told me to get 6 cubes per sub and 16 square inches of port per cubic foot of box.

d(-__-)b

Archived