Phoenix Gold TLD22

My H/U only puts out 2v. Figured this could help so I bought one. Im tryna set it to about 5V. Got the cover off and everything. But how do I check what voltage its at? I put a DMM on the outside of the rca plug and it stayd at 0. Put the prongs on the inside and the numbers went crazy! What am I doing wrong?

Rebuild in progress...

My H/U only puts out 2v. Figured this could help so I bought one. Im tryna set it to about 5V. Got the cover off and everything. But how do I check what voltage its at? I put a DMM on the outside of the rca plug and it stayd at 0. Put the prongs on the inside and the numbers went crazy! What am I doing wrong?

im wondering the exact same thing, i did the same thign w/ the rca and DMM and it went crazy, i got the same line driver too

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

TTT. What do I gotta have it installd with the rca inputs connected before I can get a real reading from the TLD22? I had it hookd up to a spare battery that I had layn around. Im lost???

all you need is power ground and remote turn on, then plug the rcas from the back of your HU into the input and run RCAs from the output to your amps input and then use the 2 screws underneath the cover to adjust it

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

I know one part of the rca is positive and one is negative. Try putting one lead on the center pin and the other lead on the outside. (the rca comming out of the line driver going to the amp)

i tried this and still got a wayyyyyy off reaading of some negative number, i know a line driver doesnt take away voltage

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

i tried this and still got a wayyyyyy off reaading of some negative number, i know a line driver doesnt take away voltage

Yea I know how to hook it up. But its freezen outside so I was tryna adjust the voltage inside. Ill pry jus put it in and see what it does when it warms up a little. If I dont like it Ill toss it. Well see

Rebuild in progress...

negative numbers usually mean you got it backwards

switch the leads and try again

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0