Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 Fi BL's

Can anyone guesstimate how wide, tall and deep a box for 2 fi bl 12's and/or 15's would be? Could I push the 2 15's as good as they need to be pushed with the T1500-1bd Rockford.

you def need more power, double that

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

Can anyone guesstimate how wide, tall and deep a box for 2 fi bl 12's and/or 15's would be? Could I push the 2 15's as good as they need to be pushed with the T1500-1bd Rockford.

All depends on how much room you have to work with, you can get the max dimensions of where the box will be going, and you can find a few people on here that will build you a diagram of a box for cheap.

Should I go with 1 fi bl 15 with that amp? Im looking to blow 2 12' cvrs out the water in terms of spl.

1 15" BL will do good with that amp. If you do want to do 2 15s though, I would do 2 T1500-1bd's. If you have cash for the 2 subs, and enough electrical to back up 2 of those amps, you could go ahead and get all that, then save up for the extra amp.

Being louder though, 2 12s have more cone area than a single 15. But you also have to remember how much power is going to be pushed to the different systems, and it also has a lot to do with the install. Those 12s are only rated at 400 RMS a piece, so with 2 a normal person would be running roughly 800-1k RMS amp to push them. So in THEORY 1 15" BL pushed by 1.5k RMS would be louder than 2 12" cvr's pushed by 800 RMS.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Do you have room for 2 subs ?

You can easily run 2 bls with 1500 watts, but it won't give you max output !!! Maybe you could still beat your friend's cvr's.

Try at least a 2000 watts amp to give each sub 1000 watts (like they're ratings say).

Just one bl can handle 1500 watts rms of non clipped signal. Get a well built custom box : it's the most important part !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

In my experiance with the 15" BL's I prefered to have about 12-1400 on them.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

All depends on how much room you have to work with, you can get the max dimensions of where the box will be going, and you can find a few people on here that will build you a diagram of a box for cheap.

1 15" BL will do good with that amp. If you do want to do 2 15s though, I would do 2 T1500-1bd's. If you have cash for the 2 subs, and enough electrical to back up 2 of those amps, you could go ahead and get all that, then save up for the extra amp.

Being louder though, 2 12s have more cone area than a single 15. But you also have to remember how much power is going to be pushed to the different systems, and it also has a lot to do with the install. Those 12s are only rated at 400 RMS a piece, so with 2 a normal person would be running roughly 800-1k RMS amp to push them. So in THEORY 1 15" BL pushed by 1.5k RMS would be louder than 2 12" cvr's pushed by 800 RMS.

So can that amp push the 2 12' fi bl's for max output or close? If not what two 12's or one 15 would u recommend for that 1500 rockford? Ive done the big 3 in 1/0 wire, 220amp alternator and a p4 diehard platinum battery. Ive looked at 2 12' L7's for the SPL, im not concerned about sq at all if that helps narrow it down.