2x Db Drag Rookie Mistakes.....

On saturday I attended a 2x points event hoping to get some points as the finals will be regional this year and apparently west coasts version will be in San Fransisco.

It was quickly brought to my attention that u can not be in the car for db drag with 140 db or higher.

Not knowing that rule was mistake one. You can bass race up to 150 in the car but not db drag?

I checked the rules they state....

The contestant must be outside of the vehicle while the vehicle is being metered and all doors, windows, and other openings to the vehicle must remain closed during this time.

Exception - Competitors may remain inside of the vehicle during metering provided:

They wear adequate hearing protection at all times. Removal of the hearing protection while inside of the vehicle will result in immediate disqualification.

The competitor's maximum SPL never exceeds 140 dB. A measured SPL in excess of 140 dB will be recorded as 140 dB.

The competitor must sign a dB Drag Racing entry form that includes a waiver stating that the competitor understands that "exposure to high sound pressure levels may result in temporary or permanent hearing loss".

Shit...The competitor must sign a dB Drag Racing entry form that includes a waiver stating that the competitor understands that "exposure to high sound pressure levels may result in temporary or permanent hearing loss".

where was that? not knowing rules mistake #2 uh ya it could huh....ok for u bass racers though :lol:

I had my remote in my other car Mistake #3

Mistake #4 got sun burned again...Damn that I shoulda learned.

Edited by sactownstang

Thats why bass race is where its at.I sit in my truck everything for bass race and so does Tommy Mckinnie.In db drag at alot of single point events the head judges usually let you sit inside but at multipoint events you have to be outside over 140db.

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

well.. i compete with Doug Stockton with Sonic FX. And all the 1x events with DB DRAG you can be in the car with a head set on to protect your hearing... I competed at WEST COAST FINALE in 06 in reno nevada. And i did so shitty in that compition cause i couldn't get my remote to work half way decent.. and that i was outside of the vehicle.. i have never done that before...

When doing bass race you can be in the vehicle at 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x events... but DB DRAG is different..

2x, 3x, 4x events you can not be in the vehicle.. that 140 db comment is way false..

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

Exactly, Had to basically turn on the system start tone, shut door and let it roll. After shutting the door it's has to stay shut 30 seconds so I had a tone playing for 30 seconds mostly. 153.1 Was my best number that day, I was as cautious as possible don't need damaged equipment. Lesson learned now.