Forevrbumpn Posted February 22, 2010 Report Posted February 22, 2010 I wanted to know if anyone has used these yet, I know they are new, but I know SMD has a lot of audiophiles on here, and maybe someone already picked these up. I have been talking about doing a GOOD front stage before I do a sub set up for a long time, but I might actually be able to get these sexy woofers as a mid bass in a 3 way set up. Since I have like 30 Vifa mids and highs here at home, these should compliment what I want to use http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=8704 I really wanted the ScanSpeak version of these mids, but they are like $300+ per mid/woofer, these are built and designed to compete with those, at about half that price Maybe over time I will do the matching midrange, and tweeter to do a true matching 3 way components up front I have 1 week left of off work time, I may be starting the basic glassing this week Matching components would be http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=8695 tweeter http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=8699 mid I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
loganberry Posted February 22, 2010 Report Posted February 22, 2010 looks like it will be one bomb ass 3 way set, all the vifa tweeters i have sound amazing and those mids are very sweet lookin...i want a demo when its done...i love some good ol sq My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
Forevrbumpn Posted February 22, 2010 Author Report Posted February 22, 2010 ofcourse I have a major conflict here...... Descent sub amp, and just use the same old Vifa's I have now or.... excellent front stage The totals I will be willing to spend will end up being about the same I still need to smog, and register my truck, its been off the road for awhile now- poooor truck I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
loganberry Posted February 22, 2010 Report Posted February 22, 2010 ofcourse I have a major conflict here......Descent sub amp, and just use the same old Vifa's I have now or.... excellent front stage The totals I will be willing to spend will end up being about the same I still need to smog, and register my truck, its been off the road for awhile now- poooor truck i wish i would have spent way more on my front stage and a lil less on my sub's...i say one bad ass front stage ftw:) My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
Forevrbumpn Posted February 22, 2010 Author Report Posted February 22, 2010 Maybe I can split down the middle here, the Vifa mids I have in mind are excellent, they are dusty, and worth about $80-90 each back about 6 years ago, and barely seen any use, about four of them never seen use. I currently run 4 in my home theater right now, and they sound excellent with the crossover I made for them I have 4 - 6 in the garage right now calling my name... Maybe use 2 per door, and use the new style Vifa tweeters shown above? get a good 100x2 - 200x2 amp to run in a passive x-over set up, run the mids at 2ohms, and the tweeters at 8ohms, so I don't have to build any Zobel networks to make things complicated, keep it easy so that the majority of the power will stay with the mids than the tweeters I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Nirvalica Posted February 22, 2010 Report Posted February 22, 2010 The 4" mids are only 35 watts rms while the tweets are 100 and the 8" are 150. Wouldn't that be a problem? My Youtube Page. Check it out The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components Q-logic 6.5" kick pods CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass Kicker ZX350.4 Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap 7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz Sundown SAZ-1000D Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors
Forevrbumpn Posted February 23, 2010 Author Report Posted February 23, 2010 as long as everything is crossover fine, it wont be a problem maybe ad a second mid in there, or jump up in size at this point I may just use what I have, unless I come across some good sale I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.