Sonic Electronix

guy clipped subs, till they lit on fire*pics*

found this on another forum, thought some other members might find this interesting

the box was in a tahoe. the customer said he acually smelled something funny about 10 minutes prior to the flames. he said he got out and looked in the back of the car and just saw smoke rollin out of the port and the cone melted. so he go behind the box, and pushed it out with his feet. Box amps and battery

as you can see the damage is bad. the box is still sturdy, but everything else has major damage. the subs are both smoked. the amps has major cosmetic damage, as well as all of the input jacks snapped off from his feet. all of the gains were all teh way up, as well as bass boost. he also said he played it for quite awhile at full volume. so it was his fault lol.....

102_3815.jpg

102_3816.jpg

102_3818.jpg

102_3819.jpg

102_3820.jpg

102_3821.jpg

102_3825.jpg

102_3827.jpg

102_3828.jpg

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

:acute: I hope this wasnt a professional install(who set the amps). and what is it with some people that get their stuff installed from a reputable shop turns both of those up as well as the loudness on the hu. i guess the amps were collateral damage,DAMN Edited by LOOKINFORSPL?

first thing most people do is play with the gain, because it's not loud enough, and see bass boost on the amp,that must make it louder too

I'll admit when I got my first system ever, before I knew anything, I did this :P Never blew anything or caught anything on fire though haha

Edited by kl0wn

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

JESUS....did a saber tooth tiger gnaw on those amps?

Edited by 79 cutty

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1