Here we go. 1989 Chevy Astro

This build is going to take a long time. I actually think I started one a couple years ago, but things have changed since then and I can't really find the topic (too lazy).

Anyways.... 1989 Chevy Astro cargo van. Will consist of the following:

4 SoundStream SPLX-154 Quad 1ohm subwoofers

1 SoundStream xxx-4000d on 12volt

4 pairs of SoundStream RF-60C components. 4 midwoofers and 4 tweeters in each door.

4/0 power wire and ground wire.

250amp alternator

6 Walmart Marine batteries

This is more than just a build log for the stereo. I have been doing some things with the van itself. So far I've installed a ledglow 60w strobelight kit, clear corner assemblies, front air dam, one of a kind window tint, and some various other stuff from a passenger Astro van that's a donor.

No pics of the stereo, yet. I am waiting for the design to get done and the finances to build the enclosure. But for now, the pics of what has been done.

First up is the Driver door window tint. These were saved from a van that was going to the junkyard. I ended up taking the both of the doors as well, due to the cargo van not having the wire pass thru boots.

hpim1713q.jpg

Whole drivers side of van. Spray bombed just to get everything the same color, for now.

hpim1714u.jpg

Passenger side of van. You can see what the doors looked like before I spray bombed them.

hpim1716s.jpg

Of course I have to rep a couple forums. Not ment to spam, but they are on the van, so.....

hpim1717.jpg

The front of van. Got the air dam from a donor. I've also got the back bumper cover, just haven't installed it yet. I need to find the side skirts. I know about the golf ball dent. I have a replacement piece for that at the shop that I just painted.

hpim1715.jpg

A closeup of the passenger side front. Those long tube are blue LEDs wired to a meteor controller which is wired to my alarm system.

hpim1728u.jpg

I tried to get creative taking this picture. That's why it's sideways. This shows the clear corners and a headlight strobe

hpim1729.jpg

People have seen me talking about these. This is a closeup of one of the mirrors. The LEDs light up blue and are wired to my alarm. These act as the alarm status indicators. I can instantly tell what's up with the van and alarm just by looking at the van.

hpim1731.jpg

Third brake light from a newer van.

hpim1725.jpg

That's it for now. This is a 20-30ft paint job, for now. There are a lot of imperfections, but what can you expect? More pics of the interior as it is right now, tomorrow.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Im tuned in, also here is your original thread it was quite easy to find.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=17421&hl=

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Yea, 2 years ago.. wow!. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this build going. I am not going ot make it to SBN this year due to some other things that hopefully will be happening with the van (see sig). I just got with somebody today about an enclosure design, he told me to give him a day or two. Hopefully he can do the job well.

Right now it bass races at 148.1. I really, really, want the 150s. I never did get the 15000d amp and probably will never do it. If anything I'll get another 4k.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Yea, 2 years ago.. wow!. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this build going. I am not going ot make it to SBN this year due to some other things that hopefully will be happening with the van (see sig). I just got with somebody today about an enclosure design, he told me to give him a day or two. Hopefully he can do the job well.

Right now it bass races at 148.1. I really, really, want the 150s. I never did get the 15000d amp and probably will never do it. If anything I'll get another 4k.

ya i remember you talking about that i think ity was at ocean way hope you get up to that 150's man,if you dont mind how you talking to about your enclosure

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

ya i remember you talking about that i think ity was at ocean way hope you get up to that 150's man,if you dont mind how you talking to about your enclosure

Gonna wait on the enclosure info. It's not going to be like what I have right now, well.. It possibly will, sort of. Still want the center port.

I have noticed, since I changed out the doors, that everything sounds more solid now. It does have a tinging noise, but that's coming from the back side of the van when the front doors are closed. I noticed my driver window moving a little bit more now, that may be due to the tint though. These doors are pretty much deadened already but I may add a layer or two. Gotta see how the panels will sound first. Speaking of, I didn't post pics of the panels.. Fisch, you probably have seen these before.

sells008.jpg

sells009.jpg

sells010.jpg

I will post pics of how the system sits at this time, tomorrow. Ain't nothing that's not been posted before though, but it'll give an idea of how things are changing.

An '89! What?!?!? :) I have often thought of the 3rd brake light thing like you did. Wall at the B pillar?

Tuned in bro!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

A wall is the only way to go in a 'Stro. hehe.

The 3rd brake light install is very easy to do and well worth it. I'm also going to have a 4th and 5th. Those will be LED strips in the blacked out back windows. Gonna scrape some of the paint so the strips will shine through.

Archived