product- Black Box Bass 5

Manufactured by- Vibe

Purchased/received from- Used ( condition is like new ) from Car Audio Sound Connection

msrp= $1000.00

Type Mono Bass amplifier

Height 2.2" (57mm)

Width 22.8" (580mm)

Depth 8.8" (224mm)

RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo -

RMS @ 2 Ohm Stereo -

RMS @ 4 Ohm Mono 1 x 750 watts

RMS @ 2 Ohm Mono 1 x 1500 watts

RMS @ 1 Ohm Mono 1 x 1350 watts

Max Power watts 3000 watts

Frequency Response 10 Hz - 500 Hz

SNR 94 dB

Crossover type LP / Subsonic

Crossover range 30 - 250 Hz

Ok so when i went to install the amp for the first time. I found it very easy to install it was pretty much strait forward like any amp.

The only tools need to hook every thing up is two allen head wrenches and a philips screwdriver. It comes with a bass knob ( i didn't get one with mine due to it being used but i'm looking to get one to see how it controls the amp ) and a high level input connector and 4 30amp fuses.

It has two beauty covers to hide the settings and wires and one side has a led to light up a emblem and they just slide on and snap into place for quick removal. The finish on it has a nice glass like look to it for a show quality setup. It is a class G/H hybrid amp it has the efficiency of a class D amp with the quality of a class A/B amp.

It has the ability to be strapped to another amp for double the power output it is very easy to strap two together with a switch to set it as the master or slave amp and a switch for phase. The settings are easy to adjust and there is no need for a little screwdriver here as it has knobs to use so its easy to adjust on the fly.

pros- The settings are easy to change on the fly and it is built with quality and the beauty covers hide all the wires giving it a nice clean look

cons- The settings only have the highest and lowest marked on them but it is easy to over come with the right knowledge and test tones and the hook ups for the wires are angled just enough to be a little annoying at times

Cost to Performance Ratio- 7 out of 10

The price is a little high for a 3000w max amp but it is a quality amp

Performance- 8 out of 10

It performs very well still after long periods of play and stays cool under the conditions i have put it through

Repeat buy- 7 out of 10

As stated before the price to power is a little high but when looking for a quality amp you get what you pay for and this amp is of quality

Overall Score 7 out of 10

amp11.jpg

1998 neon R.I.P 137.5 db's

Youtube videos http://www.youtube.c...tingarrett64067

2000 Eclipse

Headunit = pioneer avh-p1400dvd

Subwoofers = 2 DC audio lvl 2 12's

Amp= Vibe bass 5 1500rms @ 2ohms

​Single run of 0awg power and ground wire

( Big 3 wire upgrade comeing soon )

yes i included a pic in the review i had to stop writing because i was at a friends house and my computer was going dead but it is done now

1998 neon R.I.P 137.5 db's

Youtube videos http://www.youtube.c...tingarrett64067

2000 Eclipse

Headunit = pioneer avh-p1400dvd

Subwoofers = 2 DC audio lvl 2 12's

Amp= Vibe bass 5 1500rms @ 2ohms

​Single run of 0awg power and ground wire

( Big 3 wire upgrade comeing soon )

Archived