Second Skin Audio

Cone is starting to separate from rubber surround

ca dont bond with rubber, but hey what do i know

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Well at my house i found 100% silicone sealant. but its for Kitchen&bath. I dont believe this is the correct stuff. I will give a run to home depot and look for the goop. And i assuming just clean both surfaces with some rubbing alcohol?

Edited by SchnuppeR

Clear roof sealant silicone works wonders.. I came across the stuff by accident when getting silicone to seal some industrial equipment (New Holland 9060 combine feeder throats) and damn, I need more now.. :D

Stuff is extremely flexible after drying, almost like rubber.

I'll see if I can get the exact manufacturer name and stuff from a tube at work tomorrow.

I'm tempted to say this was the stuff. Gotta check for sure. Note that it takes a week to be cured ;)http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/%28454kfo...spx?SKU=1204445

Edited by STEvil

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

the new stype type rs seem to have problems with the surround comming off the basket every one except for 1 or 2 ( out of 8 ) have come apart at least once used some 5min expoxy and we good to go!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

the new stype type rs seem to have problems with the surround comming off the basket every one except for 1 or 2 ( out of 8 ) have come apart at least once used some 5min expoxy and we good to go!

Mine are the OLD type well not good news if even the new ones happen like that ive owned this for over 8 years and this is the first problem .

I bought the blue goop only 4.38$!!!

Cleaned it all off with rubbing alcohol and followed the directions. Im going to let it dry for 48 hours then see how well it works.

thanks for the help guys.

Get picz when its Dried plz? lol i want to see this

:ph34r:

EAST TEXAS BASS HEAD 4 LIFE

Jeep electronics = Stock (for now)

Headunit = VR3 cheapo

Speakers = Pioneer and Quantum Audio

Sub Amp = Sundown SAE-1200d

Sub = Fi SSD 15''

Mid/High amp = Sold my 4ch, Lookin for a new one now....

REFS: Bought From-Twistedchild420 ,J_black10,SojiaRaggs9000,hotshot27,

REFS: Sold To- James , sanitarium , qu1cks1lver56, skittlesRgood

Offical Audiogod9000 Feedback

Audiogod9000's 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country Build