Second Skin Audio

Bandpass help (please)

NomaOnAir

Ok well I will first start off by saying , that I have never built a bandpass before (obviously) ..

But It would be very much appreciated if someone could help me , or design

a box for 2 JL 12w3's ... I did design one using online calculators , was getting good results ( or so I think).

Then I got throwin for a loop , then my buddy tells me he wants the port to be firing up through his rear deck an would

like to use a 6" aeroport . Well this complete crushed my hopes an dreams of building a bandpass that I came up with but the port thing is throwing me for a loop...

Soooo.. that is why I am here... an the help would be VERY VERY much appreciated.

The car it will be going in is a AMG E55 , the box will be MDF & Plexi (face) .

The dems I have to work with ARE..

35" w x 18 - 20" d x 16.5" t ....

JL suggest ( I believe it was ) 30hz, Though I am very unfamiliar with bandpasses and JL..

So I am open to suggestions , mostly the car will see rap/hip hop/slow gutta (lol) style music.

Again , any an all help would be very appreciated.

Thanks ,

Ed

what kind of bandpass do you want, most of they guys on here that can design a good box don't do it for free so you might just get some suggestions instead of a full design

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

what kind of bandpass do you want, most of they guys on here that can design a good box don't do it for free so you might just get some suggestions instead of a full design

I was thinking a single reflex bandpass ( Not Iso ) .

Though , I am not really familar with bandpasses at all..

But that is what he wants , I am just unsure of how to design one .. building it isnt an issue.

I am looking for how ppl would suggest building it , an basically what ppl would suggest for these subs ?

How much do ppl generally charge to design ? if you know ?

Archived