Forevrbumpn Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 Well, I was asked to build this a few months ago, by FiBTLforlife, finally everything is here ready to assembly. Frame, and adapter plate painted, and machined, special spiders received, these are 6" OD 3" ID high excursion, medium/soft, so I will need to stack these like crazy, will do at least 4 All nice hardware, Allen bolts, 1/4-20" 3" coil, dual 1ohm, 2"ww, but may back down to 1.5"ww due to excursion problems with the cones surround enjoy I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
kl0wn Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
UKnoitsMe Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 damn!!!!!! keep us posted on these suckers!! Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.
Mtgrooves Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 I'm so tuned in! :hairtrick: I love over sized 8's! The Shoe Maker without shoes!
Nightshade Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 Oh wow, that is nice. You may have just built the mother of all 8's right there Ken. Send a pair of them to Jacob so he can test it next to his SA8 score from his Jeep. Or maybe he will send you a pair of them to compare. Either way shit is badass and I really like it. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
Forevrbumpn Posted February 25, 2010 Author Report Posted February 25, 2010 there will be just one... 1 for now This coil Iam using is well proven to take 1500rms, but due to the lightness of the cone, and suspension, I will say on this, it should be about 1000rms I will even double up on the surround, and possibly glass the cone for reinforcement I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Forevrbumpn Posted February 25, 2010 Author Report Posted February 25, 2010 Oh wow, that is nice. You may have just built the mother of all 8's right there Ken. Send a pair of them to Jacob so he can test it next to his SA8 score from his Jeep. Or maybe he will send you a pair of them to compare. Either way shit is badass and I really like it. haha, I think his 8s will put out better numbers honestly, this is like putting a dragster engine in a ford fiesta, sure this thing wont last 10minutes, but it was requested I have another 800w copper coil I can use that is 1.5"ww so destroying the cone wont be that big of a deal with that, but this coil, Iam thinking is a little over kille this will be done by this week though, hopefully some vids in my truck on 500w rms I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
FiBTLforlife Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 hahah my little 8'' is finally coming alive. cant wait to try it out. lmao god that coil is overkill, but thats how i live it. one of a kind there woot 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
Forevrbumpn Posted February 25, 2010 Author Report Posted February 25, 2010 fine, I will do the D1 I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
FiBTLforlife Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 fine, I will do the D1 lol? that came out of nowhere there. is this woofer making you lose your mind a little, lmao jk 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.