Second Skin Audio

How To Fit So Much Port In A Little Box

okay i need some help. i have a 10" bl and want to make a new enclosure for it. right now it's a 2 cu. ft. enclousure with 24 sq. in. of port tuned at about 33-35 hz. it sounds okay but i am getting some port noise..... a lot of port noise.

i want to build it to fi specs but i can't for the life of me figure out how to put aeroports or precision ports inside the box. looking at how long the ports gotta be, it seems that i have to make them external which i don't want. so my main question is, how do i get the ports inside the box and if i have to slot port it, how big should i go with the least amount of port noise? also, i really don't want 90 bends in the port. what do you guys suggest? i've been on this dilema for about two weeks and any and all input is welcome and appreciated.

well if you want aeroports look for some flex ports used to see them all over the place maybe someone can guide you

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

thanks guys. my next question... i want sub up port back, but is it better to keep the ports closer together, far apart or does it matter. i don't mind slot porting the box, but i don't want port noise. biger port less noise or smaller port? right now it's 2x12". what do you guys suggest. let me get a pic of what i have.

well it all depends on the length of the port also but imo, the wider the "throat" is the less noise you will hear

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

yea 2"s wide is why you have port noise, try 3"s or more, I like slot port better because its usually easier to calc, and build.

what kind of vehicle is this were working on?

yea 2"s wide is why you have port noise, try 3"s or more, I like slot port better because its usually easier to calc, and build.

what kind of vehicle is this were working on?

sorry matrix. so it's not the 90 degree bends it's the port area? and i seen meades kerf cuts, would that help at the port opening?

thats a nice looking box, well your length is you tunning so I cant really tell ya how long it should be without know where you want it tuned.

for port area id do about 30 square inches, try like 3 x 10 and length is dependant of tune

edit

I just seen the 33 to 35 hz hold on and I will calc it.