Multiple Batteries

i am installing 2 more batteries in the back & am just wondering if i'm doin this right? i'm running a 200amp alt n 2 runs of 1/0 of it to a fuse(front) +fuse(rear) to battery. should i use an isolator? i have another battery up front for the rest of my electrical

Chris Hansen refers to me as the one that got awayhttp://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com/

As long as you fuse the front and at the rear your all good. Isolators are ok but have too much of a voltage drop to be worth it. You could do a high output relay but if your good about fusing your batts then don't bother.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

No don't use an isolator. & yes, fuse within 18" of each battery. You should have at least 4 fuses total.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Wait, are you using a run of 1/0gauge for + and another for ground? If so, only 2 fuses are required.

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

Oh okay, then refer back to post #3 & 4 of this thread. B)

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

Archived