Sonic Electronix

I'm doin a Blaupunkt vpw460 velocity 18" off 1500RMS (possibly will up that to 2000+ later on (if i dont get new subs))

It will be sub up port back in the trunk of a 1995 4 door Ford Falcon GLI.

I have been playing around with exposport's calculator and i have some ideas...

5 inch port

tuned to 35hZ

3.5 cubes (after sub and port displacement about 2.5 cubes)

I can give more info about my idea if needed.

So the question is: is this the best box I can do (numbers wise) but not have it a a fart box?

And if not whats better?

and how loud would you guess it could go? (want to do well at a dB drag (or similar event) in may)

And yes there are similar threads, but they dont have the same stuff do they? :P

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

u dont want a fart box but youre going to a db drag and what to do well? :)

although we don't know how loud its going to be until you complete it, and let us know then we can tell you hah

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

u dont want a fart box but youre going to a db drag and what to do well? :)

although we don't know how loud its going to be until you complete it, and let us know then we can tell you hah

Its not really a dB drag its similar though. not many people in this country hit hard, I was looking at previous results and in one competition a guy in c class (1 18 or <4 12s or <6 10 or <8 8s)came third with 129 (which i dont think is too high, am i right?) my goal is 140 or close to that.

I'd rather get the box right first time :-P (using these smiles cause the .gifs dont work!)

So you think its a good size?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

Its not really a dB drag its similar though. not many people in this country hit hard, I was looking at previous results and in one competition a guy in c class (1 18 or <4 12s or <6 10 or <8 8s)came third with 129 (which i dont think is too high, am i right?) my goal is 140 or close to that.

I'd rather get the box right first time :-P (using these smiles cause the .gifs dont work!)

So you think its a good size?

umm yeah which im sure he was bass racing a 129.9 then it makes sence why he got such a low score.. 1 18 4 12's 6 10's 8 8's are all in the high 30's mid 40's

BUILDLOG

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

umm yeah which im sure he was bass racing a 129.9 then it makes sence why he got such a low score.. 1 18 4 12's 6 10's 8 8's are all in the high 30's mid 40's

http://www.dbdrag.co.nz/events.html

first event, IDK if its a dB drag or not i was just guessing by the dB drag logo on it :-P

also in the results section under the street c class they are anywhere between 129 and 147.

What exactly is a dB drag? is that where you have to get as close to the number (130, 140, 150) as possible?

http://www.dbdrag.co.nz/events.html

first event, IDK if its a dB drag or not i was just guessing by the dB drag logo on it :-P

also in the results section under the street c class they are anywhere between 129 and 147.

What exactly is a dB drag? is that where you have to get as close to the number (130, 140, 150) as possible?

no the 130-139.9 etc... is bass racing im sure thats what your trying to do. when you go to competition qualify the class you want to bassrace in *as close to lets say 139.9* as possible then when everyone qualifies you go up against your opponent who he wins moves on

BUILDLOG

no the 130-139.9 etc... is bass racing im sure thats what your trying to do. when you go to competition qualify the class you want to bassrace in *as close to lets say 139.9* as possible then when everyone qualifies you go up against your opponent who he wins moves on

Yeah thats what it is called. And thats what it looks like in the pictures on the site. I am confused though as in the rules it has classes that seem to be determined by amp power and ammount of subs? whats with that?

I'm from Wellington (work at a shop in fact ;))

Flick me a txt/ring me on 0274328100 and I'll get you sorted out. Did you get your stuff from SSZ by any chance?

SPL round here is all dbdrag or a slightly changed version of it. Are you entering Jamboree? I should probably get around to building something for that...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I'm from Wellington (work at a shop in fact ;))

Flick me a txt/ring me on 0274328100 and I'll get you sorted out. Did you get your stuff from SSZ by any chance?

SPL round here is all dbdrag or a slightly changed version of it. Are you entering Jamboree? I should probably get around to building something for that...

YAY someone from Wellywood! lol

Nah i bought it at driving sounds (no hard feelings? :-)

By SSZ do you mean street soundz?

i'd only enter if i do decent numbers (otherwise its embarrassing)

yeah I can come in and check it out this weekend if your gonna be there?

thanks