Thanks lift....GRAPHIC! Not for weak stomach!

Well this happened in the automotive shop at school. (High School). We have had this one lift (out of 3) that the locks weren't adjusted properly so we always had to reach our hand up and pull it out manually while someone on the other side pulled the lever and lowered the cars. Well about 2 weeks ago (was on a wed) I was pulling the latch out as I always do and the kid pulling the lever didn't pull it enough so when the car lowered, the locks went out then right back in with my finger. Had to get 7 stitches....NOT FUN

I ended up holding my finger for about an hour before I got to the promt care to get stitches.

Here is some pics...NOT FOR THE WEAK STOMACH

Before stitches...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/HPI_Savage25/IMG00351-20100217-1521.jpg

After...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/HPI_Savage25/IMG00363-20100219-1124.jpg

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

Oh shit man, that looks like it hurt.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Damn man, that sucks... looks like it hurt pretty good! In my welding class a few weeks back a kid was using the big ass hydraulic metal shear and cut 2 of his fingers off. Grossest looking thing ive ever seen!

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

Not bad.

Had someone I know take about half his thumb off on a sanding wheel... brother had a finger peel mostly off when a grain shovel fell off the roof a silo (a big elevator silo) and he put his hand up when he heard a "whoosh" noise.. f'n lucky kid that it didnt hit him in the head.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

The first 15-20 minutes or so it wasn't too bad but after that the pain kicked in....I was cussing left and right, couldn't stand still....

Stitches are now coming out, like I said its been about two weeks. Haven't been able to do too much at all with my left hand, you don't realize how much you do with your hands until you have an injury and then a lot of things you normally do, you can't. Finger is still really tender but hopefully it is fully healed within another week or so.

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....