I have a cheapo set of 35w 8000k HID's in my car, and while they are ten times better than stock, I'm getting the itch already for something more. My friend gave me the idea to try to remove the diffuser in the halogen housing. Anyone know if this would even be worth trying? I know you would have to break it out of the housing, and I think I could probably manage that, but I don't want to do it if it's just going to suck.

Too many projects, too little time...

Guest Scylloga

Dont do it. The diffuser is there to help reflect teh light off the lens.

Your also asking to be pulled over.

Polish the lens up with a cleaner or buy some projector lens.

Could always get a 55w ballast

Thought about it, but looking to try something on the cheap until money comes in. I might go this route though, and get some 889-ish bulbs for the 35w's for my fogs (factory fog uses an 889 bulb.)

Dont do it. The diffuser is there to help reflect teh light off the lens.

Your also asking to be pulled over.

Polish the lens up with a cleaner or buy some projector lens.

I will try cleaning the lens up. Unfortunately nobody makes projectors for the '88-'96 Grand Prixs. They do for the '78-87s, and the '97+s, but we got the short end of the stick, as with everything else.

When you say diffuser, are you referring to the little cup that covers your low beam? Or actually talking about removing the texture in the plastic?

I would NOT take out the little metal cup by anymeans. Clean your lenses if they aren't polished already, or switch to either a 5k or 6k. You're losing brightness the more color your light has.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

• 2 weeks later...

When you say diffuser, are you referring to the little cup that covers your low beam? Or actually talking about removing the texture in the plastic?

I would NOT take out the little metal cup by anymeans. Clean your lenses if they aren't polished already, or switch to either a 5k or 6k. You're losing brightness the more color your light has.

yea i was gonna say that little cup thing in the headlight housing is what helps ur light reflect off the reflector stuff (HEY i didnt know they correct terms so sue me lol)

I would say what "the performer" said, just polish ur headlights n clean them up real good, hes right, the more color ur HID has the more light output ur losing. good luck bro.

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

• 4 weeks later...

yea i was gonna say that little cup thing in the headlight housing is what helps ur light reflect off the reflector stuff (HEY i didnt know they correct terms so sue me lol)

I would say what "the performer" said, just polish ur headlights n clean them up real good, hes right, the more color ur HID has the more light output ur losing. good luck bro.

Yeah, what k are your HID'S now?

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Yeah, what k are your HID'S now?

8000k. Polishing the housings helped a lot, but seems to have hurt the spread of the lights. I think that's more due to the housings than anything though; now the low beams are basically covering the lane in front of me, whereas before the polish they spread out all in front of my car.

I may eventually retro some projectors in, or possibly get a set of junkyard housings and try to 'crystal-clear' them (get rid of the diffusing in the lens itself) and see what that does.