No My Pathfinder

O rly? lol

Also, why get an entire engine? Replace the cam, I'm sure that motor has tons of life left on it.

X2

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I have a 95 Nissan Hardbody truck in my work bay right now that makes that same exact noise, my boss and another tech identified it as bad lifters in the driver side head, so I'm going to replace them on monday. Hopefully I'm not opening up a can of worms.

Anyways if your truck is making valvetrain noise, you could have a new head with cam, valves and lifters installed. Should be cheaper than $3500 and would fix the problem.

Let us know what your Nissan mechanic says...

I'm not an expert on engines by any means. But i did listen to your vid and read your explanations of the sound you have. I believe you have a lifter or all the lifters are dried out. You can just change the individual lifters but just getting a new head may be a cheaper way to go. This would save on mechanic labor costs. I think your issue is a rod bearing or anything in the bottom end because i think you said it goes away as you rev up the engine. Only problem I see now is finding which head has the bad lifter or lifters. If it could be narrowed down to that it could possibly save you a ton of money dude.

but I'm no expert on this stuff, just a few thoughts from personal experience.

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

I'm not an expert on engines by any means. But i did listen to your vid and read your explanations of the sound you have. I believe you have a lifter or all the lifters are dried out. You can just change the individual lifters but just getting a new head may be a cheaper way to go. This would save on mechanic labor costs. I think your issue is a rod bearing or anything in the bottom end because i think you said it goes away as you rev up the engine. Only problem I see now is finding which head has the bad lifter or lifters. If it could be narrowed down to that it could possibly save you a ton of money dude.

but I'm no expert on this stuff, just a few thoughts from personal experience.

Also my friends knock from the cam went away when reved up.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Archived