My PC, need some advice on what I should get for my front fan, and side fan even tho side fan is a big mofo and curved but to keep the dust from getting sucked in as right now every 2-3 weeks theres a layer of dust. Also Ive been lookin into the Megahelm rev B heatsink, but what size fan should I get for this sucker? and 1 or 2 for in and out effect?

Specs:

cpu: Intel i5 [email protected] ghz

ram: Gskill 2x2gb DDR3 10666

gpu: Ati Saphire 5770 (10.3 cat)

case: Azza Helios

mobo: Gigabyte P55 UD3

psu: OCZ 650 watt

monitor: 23.5" Samsung

speakers: logitech 2.1 THX with 8"

headset: logitech precision

mouse: logitech mx 518

random127.jpg

p2pb5221902.jpg

Team PSI

Team Shock Industries

Team XS Power

Vertex Audio

Sundown Audio

Knukonceptz

• 3 weeks later...

what MM is the side fan? those big suckers are hard to find that are actually decent, that is if its over 220mm. the ideal config for a PC is to have cold air sucked in ther front warm air pushed out the back, keep running the side panel fan as an intake as well with the fornt. other than that im not sure what you mean

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

2-3 weeks you need to clean your computer?

maybe clean up shop instead?

i clean my filters ever month and clean the inside/parts/water Radiator and fan blades every 3 months and this is a clean carpeted room with tons of open space. if you have good flowing fans i recommended doing the same unless you notice build up more often. i also recommend cleaning the PC with a variety of NEW pain brushes

PS. AVOID CANNED AIR ON FANS.....unless your looking to wear out the bearing sooner than the MTBF.

Edited by psx2p

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

• 2 weeks later...

You should have all your fans blowing IN. yes i said IN, what this does is creates pressure inside the computer, keeping the dust out. the hot air is designed to leak out cracks and vent holes.

Take this advice from someone who does this for a living :D

29yr3gg.jpg

Custom Car Audio

(815) 916 - 9194

www.midwestsplcustoms.com

2000 Tahoe | 22" GREED Celebrities

Alpine CDA-117

Dual 0/1 Runs

(3) 925 CA Group 31 In Back

(4) 18" FI Audio Q's (W/ Extra Spider)

(4) Hifonics BXi 2010D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

4 RF P1653 6 1/2's

Big 3

All Kicker/Knu Wiring

You should have all your fans blowing IN. yes i said IN, what this does is creates pressure inside the computer, keeping the dust out. the hot air is designed to leak out cracks and vent holes.

i have to disagree, you will never build up enough pressure to sustain a difference in the outside versus inside. hot air should not leak from any place it should be pushed out via a fan. a good air stream is the way to go regardless of the dust that will be gathered. you must not have parts that generate to much heat........because the time it would take for all the heat to "leak" out is time enough for the components to heat up a substantial amount and sustain a higher constant temp.

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

LOL. you wouldn't be doing mine for a living that's for damn sure.

No, you want air flow not air pressure. Cold air moves in, exchanges with heatsinks, warm air moves out.