Sundown Audio

amp shuts off randomly, then turns back on after a few seconds

rumproast789

fuck, i don't know dude, why don't you go take your car apart and try to fix it, the problem could be anything, can't fix it by talking about it to your friends on the website, go check the problem out and try to find something wrong

its cold out :)

nope used welding cable pure copper.

ima try the remote wire as the culprit first, then other ones.

I think it usually happens when im slamming, just bumpin, doesnt have to be full tilt

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

• 2 weeks later...

so i thought it was the remote wire. Reran, nope nothing. Still shut off. Found out one of my back battery grounds and positives or were a little loose, but hardly, and my negative on my upfront battery. Tightened them all, and will see tommorow if it shuts off. A girl that I was showing it today, said the protect light came on for a second, then went completly off. Idk whats happenin.

and btw, i ran a wire from my positive to the remote terminal, it seemed to work for two songs that it has shut off before on. but it didn't when I reran it?

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

and btw, i ran a wire from my positive to the remote terminal, it seemed to work for two songs that it has shut off before on. but it didn't when I reran it?

As in, it worked with the power to turn-on, but not turn-on to turn-on? If so, then Chewie is probably right about the turn-on lead being the problem...

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

As in, it worked with the power to turn-on, but not turn-on to turn-on? If so, then Chewie is probably right about the turn-on lead being the problem...

I think I fixed it. The groud was just barely loose. Enough so that I could move it when i tugged it up or down it would turn a little. So I did that, and hasn't shut off yet. Im goin to give it more time, and if that fails, ill look into borrowin a headunit

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

yep, that will do it. put a little lock tight on it if it backs out again.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

• 2 years later...

rumproast789 , did that work? Because my amp is doing the EXXXACT same thing. Let me know so I don't have to try and diagnose it doing several things that aren't necessary

should probably PM him.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived