So though normally at college, this week I was home on quarter break. Now my car had not been running since thanksgiving, and I was finally in the process of fixing it. In the end it set me back $250... :dry: Anyways while working, my dad asked me when I was going to finally paint it. So friday night after I finally got it running I decided I would. Now obviously Im a cheap college student with only one day to paint a car.... (edit... This means I went out and spent $20 on 4 spray cans) But saturday my sister was going to come into town so I recruited her help, but we didn't get started till about 5. Anyways, here is what the car started as.

(this is after I first rinsed it off)

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

Obvious it looks like utter crap, and needs some places sanded down.

IMG_4137.jpg

The spots that were annihilated were places where I had rust spots.

At this point, I took the hood off and painted it, and had to rush and get the rest sanded down because it was starting to get cold and dark, and I needed to finish the sanding outside.

This is it after pulling it into the garage. Unfortumately The hood ended up with some deeper scratches from sanding than I had realized. Luckily I used the same sandpaper on the entire thing so the rest of it was fine since by that time the sandpaper was worn down. But it doesn't matter too much since you can only see them close up.

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

I didn't take too many pictures of the in between stages after this point, so here is some basically finished up pictures. There is still tape in places.

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

Basic Q&A...

Q: Is there a gloss coat?

A: No, I don't want to spend another $30 right now...

Q: Did I paint my jambs?

A: No, that would have taken 5 cans of paint and I only had 4.

Q: Can you still see spots where the paint was faded?

A: Yes, ever so slightly.

Q: Does it look a ton better?

A: Yes!

Later today ill finish taking off the tape and move it outside for some pics in the sunlight.

Let me know what you think.

I'd say that looks way better, and fuck gloss coat, too easy to see imperfections with gloss.

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

looks good bro i think u should leave how it is

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Thanks for the props guys.

Btw did I make it obvious that I painted this with $20 and spray cans?

best fuckin $20 paint job I ever saw

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

do whatcha gotta do man. usually, u dont see the people who do this actually take the time out to sand. looks better than it did ^_^

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

best fuckin $20 paint job I ever saw

x2

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

20 bucks

holly shit that is bad ass

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Thanks again for the props guys.

do whatcha gotta do man. usually, u dont see the people who do this actually take the time out to sand. looks better than it did ^_^

Yea, sanding can definitely make the difference in a paint job. To be honest it didn't really take all that much sanding to get it where I did...

Now if I had the time and the money, I would be out there with a thicker coat and wetsanding it, but time and money isn't on my side right now.

Anyways, for the updated pics. If you look closely, you can definitely see places where I needed to lay it down thicker, mainly on the back since thats what I did last. (I was running out of paint... even though I bought out all auto stores in the area) That being said, you can't really tell until you look closely, so its not that big of a deal. Ill eventually get some more cans and finish it up.

Anyways, here are the "final" pics:

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

Archived