Second Skin Audio

The Jackhammer!

sean 371

So I work at a shop, and we are a dealer for MTX, and so the MTX vehicles are driven around to each of the authorized dealers for a few days. Today, we took delivery of one of their escalades (they have over 60 demo cars), and it had a jackhammer in it, powered by 2 1501d's, and two pairs of 3 way components. This sub is louuud. It actually does get loud, and sounds really good doing it, not sloppy at all like i expected. Yes, with 3000 watts 2 18's or 4 12's or whatever would be louder, but for one sub its very impressive. It flexes the back hatch reaaal bad, along with window/roof flex, and moving a hell of a lot of air. So quit your bashing on the jackhammer till youve heard one! They arent as bad as so many people make them out to be!

Lil side note, I was talking to our MTX rep who dropped the car off, and he said that the jackhammer was originally developed for overseas governments to use in crowd control. Apparently they experimented with semi's equipped with a wall of jackhammers playing at 7 hz, designed to cause mad pain and actually make people shit themselves! Crazy stuff

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Oh no, here we go... the brown note.......

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I still only think the brown notes possible with direct contact, not audibly, unles extremly loud..... I made a box with ultra light mdf once, and layed on it and it was flexing bad, so I layed stomach down, and the boxes resonance got me farting alot, LOL rattles my insides a little bit to get rid of gas... but I dont know if I fully believe that crowd control part...

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

yeah

sundown.jpg

yea im just going off what the rep said. But basically this truck is loud enough that when you barely start to crank it it sets off car alarms

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

wasnt that on mythbusters oncE?>

it was on Mythbusters but they didn't do it right and it did not work... :(

Gately Girl

www.gatelyaudio.com

The jackhammer still isn't practical in almost any situation.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Archived