Sonic Electronix

Will an amp run cooler at 1 ohm or at 2 ohms.

I have an amp that im going to run 15s off of and its a 1,2 and 4 ohm stable amp and i was looking at a chart that meade posted in a thread a while back with the voltage to set your gain at depending on the rms and ohm load and i was thinking about running both subs on a 1 ohm load at 2600 watts rms but then i was thinking about getting a second amp and running each sub off its own amp at 2 ohms each at 1700 watts. So i was wondering if it will be easier on the amp running at 1 ohm load at around 50 volts or running two amps each with a 2 ohm load at about 60 volts each?

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

I have an amp that im going to run 15s off of and its a 1,2 and 4 ohm stable amp and i was looking at a chart that meade posted in a thread a while back with the voltage to set your gain at depending on the rms and ohm load and i was thinking about running both subs on a 1 ohm load at 2600 watts rms but then i was thinking about getting a second amp and running each sub off its own amp at 2 ohms each at 1700 watts. So i was wondering if it will be easier on the amp running at 1 ohm load at around 50 volts or running two amps each with a 2 ohm load at about 60 volts each?

bottom line is youll run cooler with 2ohm, and i hope you mean 50 volts ac when your adjusting your gain.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

2ohms. it's easier on your electrical system too. plus less imp. rise.

so do you think it will be alright to run both subs off the amp for about two months at 1 ohm until i buy another amp

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

thats like asking "will my car get better gas mileage with the gas pedal halfway down or all the way down?"

:D

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

thats like asking "will my car get better gas mileage with the gas pedal halfway down or all the way down?"

:D

lol!

bottom line is that 2ohm will be more sutable for your electrical and less strain on your alt.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.