Second Skin Audio

Blowthrough box.. in a car

kmalinich

Okay...here goes...

I've got a '97 Pontiac Bonneville se... and anyone who owns one will be quick to complain about the shitty spare tire cover and the lack of fold down rear seats.

But.. there is this weird door\hatch thing that leads to the trunk. I couldn't really find a decent pic of it on google and i can't take one myself just yet... i will later today...

anyways..this pass through is maybe 14 in high, 6 in wide. leads straight into the trunk. I'll get some measurements up later too

now, on a truck blowthrough box design, the top,bottom, and sides are extended past the front of the box and are then sealed into the cabin of the truck. (as everyone knows lol)

but if i were to build a box like a blowthrough box but instead came into the car with the front, instead of going straight i'd have to make some 90 degree angles (probably with 45s inside to smooth it out) and have everything come into the cabin... how do you think that would sound?

maybe sealed\ported\tline... i can build all three... i'm thinking this might have to be something that just needs to be tried, and it's either gonna slam or suck d*ck.

i'd like to do 2 12s ported at about 29Hz.. real low, face them into the cabin and do it..

thanks for all your help SMD is a great community

i like how this guy has his setup, and i think your talking bout the "door\hatch thing" in between the seats right?

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

i dont really understand what you are trying to do... make a chamber in front of the box to lead through the hole? i think a tline would be the best way to do that. i would need to see a pic to understand your goal.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

lets see some pics what we got to work with

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

As what a few people are suggesting, the most common solution to what i "think" you are asking, is a port through the armrest, in this case, your flip dpwn door thingy.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

hellya^, or a ported box like fritosrgood's design...

i love that box he made with the port acting like an arm rest lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i love that box he made with the port acting like an arm rest lol.

pics? :)

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

if i had just the port leading into the car.. that would (theoretically) seal the sub cones off from the cabin of the car. would that make much of a difference?

thats the reason i'd have a chamber on the front of the box that leads through the hole... and maybe a 15 in a t-line with the sub facing the same direction as the port... or could i do a t-line and just have the port end up going through the hole? would the lack of air interaction between the sub cone and the air in the cabin have an effect on volume?

Archived