Battery placement

Currently I have a Yellow Top up front and two KHC800's in the back. I will be adding two KHC2400's here shortly. I was thinking of taking the yellow top out and replacing it with one of the KHC2400's and buy the battery tray for the GM second batteries and installin the other battery there. So that would give me two 2400's under the hood and two 800s in the rear.

Does this sound like a plan or should i keep the yellow top up front and try to put the 2400s closer to the back with the 800's?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

IMO keep the yellow top as a cranking battery and used the others for power storage. Use the 2400s for your bass and the 800s for mids and highs.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

One up front, would just leave the yellow top unless it needs replacing. Put the new batteries in the back with the 800's and keep them together. Its a lot less wiring to setup a bank in the back then it is to wire 2 separate batteries under the hood.

slightly off topic, but not really, where are you getting the second batt tray? GM parts direct? Where is your stock original location, front left, or right rear?

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

optima up front, do the two 2400s and two 800s in the back in a bank... you could do 4 buss bars on them.. and a few runs of 1\0 to the front.. call it a day...

IDK what blackrosetiger is talking about .. putting different batteries for different amps.. all the amps and batteries and alternators all are connected.. so therefore will every amp will draw on every power source...

optima up front, do the two 2400s and two 800s in the back in a bank... you could do 4 buss bars on them.. and a few runs of 1\0 to the front.. call it a day...

IDK what blackrosetiger is talking about .. putting different batteries for different amps.. all the amps and batteries and alternators all are connected.. so therefore will every amp will draw on every power source...

Old law, extrabatts so near to the amp as u can and let the Optima where she is.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Archived