DC Sound Lab

ups will be here thursday with a kicker zx08700.5 amp. it will put out 420 watts at 2 ohms on the mono channel. i am going to order a level 2 15" for it. my problem is i want it loud but acurate. ported or sealed. what do you think? going in a trailblazer so space is a non issue. the other four channels are running two sets of polk db6501's in the doors. all controlled with an eclipse cd5030. i was thinking about the level 3 but i dont want to under power it.

420 watts is not very much for 2 level 2's tbh...sounds like your going for something clean and simple so i would just do a regular old ported box

i could build a sealed box easy enough but i have no experiance with ported box's at all. wouldnt know where to begin.

they are hella easy to use, i just think a sealed box would work better for you...i have a level 2 10" for our home theater sub on a 400w plate amp, its in a 2.5 cube box tuned to 25hz, it sounds really good, works great for movies, tested it musically and even in this big of a box on 400w it didnt break a sweat

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

they are hella easy to use, i just think a sealed box would work better for you...i have a level 2 10" for our home theater sub on a 400w plate amp, its in a 2.5 cube box tuned to 25hz, it sounds really good, works great for movies, tested it musically and even in this big of a box on 400w it didnt break a sweat

you got me confused your first post said ported and your second said sealed. i think you ment sealed the first time.