Sonic Electronix

Here's my problem.

With 1000W amp and 2 12s, I get voltage drop pretty bad at idle. I'm chillin at like 12V when im slammin stopped. When I get past about 1200 RPMs its fine, well kind of. I still notice the lights dimming but the gauge doesnt drop so low.

My question is...Is this bad? I mean bad for like the accessories, fuel pump, window motors, etc. I don't really mind the lights dimming cause my HIDs dont dim like standard halogens would...if it is, what size alternator should I get? I don't have enough room to add any extra batterys.

1000 watts shouldn't be asking to much of your stock alt, have you done the big three? how many amps is your stock alt?

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

doing the big three upgrade will def help you out,if you look in the electrical section you will find many threads and how too's on how to do this.what you need to do is add a run of either 4 gauge or better yet 0/1 wire from your batt to your alt and also from batt to your grounding point or chasey and that should help out a lot.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

Here's my problem.

With 1000W amp and 2 12s, I get voltage drop pretty bad at idle. I'm chillin at like 12V when im slammin stopped. When I get past about 1200 RPMs its fine, well kind of. I still notice the lights dimming but the gauge doesnt drop so low.

My question is...Is this bad? I mean bad for like the accessories, fuel pump, window motors, etc. I don't really mind the lights dimming cause my HIDs dont dim like standard halogens would...if it is, what size alternator should I get? I don't have enough room to add any extra batterys.

It depends on the system. How many total amps are you running in the car. People work with least expensive first, Look into doing the big 3 upgrade for your problem, if that doesn't help good a good name batt (Xs Power, Optima, etc.) And for last resort get a good h.o alt with a good output at idle

It depends on the system. How many total amps are you running in the car. People work with least expensive first, Look into doing the big 3 upgrade for your problem, if that doesn't help good a good name batt (Xs Power, Optima, etc.) And for last resort get a good h.o alt with a good output at idle

About 1300 Watts, with 2 Amplifers. I already have an Optima, Im going to look into the Big 3....does this noticeably help?

About 1300 Watts, with 2 Amplifers. I already have an Optima, Im going to look into the Big 3....does this noticeably help?

without a doubt , i had a yellow top along with a kinetic hc800,big three running 2500 on stock electrical and never had a problem. if i really got on the volume i would see some drop but on average all was good.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

do the big three,remember bigger is always better[use 0 gauge wire] get rid of that optima,crap,get a kinetik hc 1800,then if you still want to do your alt , cant hurt.if your drawing that much power fron your electrical system, sooner or later your alt WILL FAIL ,usally your stock alt is only powerful enough for the car and all stock systems with maybe a little extra reserve, especially on the newer cars and trucks.i have a s10 and ive blown my alt with a rf 500a2 and with a t1000 .

Edited by mylows10

dc 12k

2 ascendant mayhem 12s

xs power 200 amp alt

2 odyessy pc 2150

dc audio 175 x 4

scosche wires

stinger inter connects

12 volt customs 175 amp alt

pioneer avhp 4100 dvd

arc audio eq

cdt 6.5 components

152.8 db drag

street c

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

//www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg

Big 3 helps, if you have a drop it charges faster because more current can fun through bigger wire unlike small wire. To me optima is not crap I've seen some big names use optima batts, XS power has good reviews for there batts. Just upgrade big 3 with at least 0 awg, check out knuconceptz site for wire they have cheap prices on good wire. If you decide to go with a high-output alt, there are lots to choose from, I currently got a h,o alt, and big 3 done, and im running 3k daily and if im really pushing the music hard idle it can drop into the 12's, but driving with my listening levels it stays 14.5 - 15.0.