Second Skin Audio

2010 Mustang Wall

This is my plan for this year. 3 DC XL 15's in my mustang, walled. Hoping to power them with a Stetsom 7k2d. I want to try aero ports for this only because I never have used them. Using Torres' calc, I got a box 28-29H 41W 25D giving me 12.1 cubes net and tuned at 33.95hz. This is using 4 6" aeros 13" long each.The finished box will be a little bigger as it will follow contours of the car these are only rough 'square' dimensions. My question is, do the flares count as part of the length or not? Any other helpful info will be appreciated, too.

This is a long term project that I wont start until summer probably, but I want to plan everything best I can.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I likes the sound of this!

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

a gt mustang with a wall in it? you have more balls than i do.. mainly because A you will get laughed at by the mustang crowd for turning it into a sluggish car... B its a brand new car with a cherry interior.. C its a mustang lmao not a Golf... D well i dont wanna see a new mustang torn apart :( but you are also in Germany and because im 50% German i have to say your crazy :) but that comes with the heritage.. good luck it will sound sick... Subscribed never the less

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

a gt mustang with a wall in it? you have more balls than i do.. mainly because A you will get laughed at by the mustang crowd for turning it into a sluggish car... B its a brand new car with a cherry interior.. C its a mustang lmao not a Golf... D well i dont wanna see a new mustang torn apart :( but you are also in Germany and because im 50% German i have to say your crazy :) but that comes with the heritage.. good luck it will sound sick... Subscribed never the less

A Don't care what the crowd thinks, B Only removing back seat, C ??, D See B.

It wont be sluggish when the Kenne Bell goes in.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

This

/reply

I knew you would. Your build is what got me thinking crazy like this.

You only live once man....and don't listen to any negativity......do what you feel! If i had a brand new Bentley GT i'd wall it!

My POS Bass machine-

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

A Don't care what the crowd thinks, B Only removing back seat, C ??, D See B.

It wont be sluggish when the Kenne Bell goes in.

lol ok ok touche.... but with the kenne bell... your adding weight alot of it... plus a supercharger requires horsepower to spin... so with all the weight your adding you will BARELY be at stock... but have fun replacing trannys and suspension... the mustang wasnt made for that much constant weight.. Not hating one bit just putting some stuff out there... ill be sure to watch the build :) but nice car never the less do u have any pics of it?

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

lol ok ok touche.... but with the kenne bell... your adding weight alot of it... plus a supercharger requires horsepower to spin... so with all the weight your adding you will BARELY be at stock... but have fun replacing trannys and suspension... the mustang wasnt made for that much constant weight.. Not hating one bit just putting some stuff out there... ill be sure to watch the build :) but nice car never the less do u have any pics of it?

Yeah im trackin that stuff. Already got stiffer rear springs and plan on doing internals before the 'charger goes on. Clutch upgrade is coming with that too. Thanks for the input.

I'll get some pics up for you as soon as blizzard season is over lol. Vids of the current ghetto setup, too.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Meh.....i wouldn't worry OP.....i have had a LOT of weight in my Stang for quite some time and i still have handling and still get GREAT gas mileage....you'll be fine....if anything some cheap helper bags will be a quick fix! It's mostly the batteries that add the most weight....and it's all about location....and if it's still a concern build the wall out of birch! Takes balls to get LOUD!

My POS Bass machine-

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png