uhhh... make it less obvious? 2 accounts is bannable by the way.

Highly doubtful he's gonna show off all this work, past and present, just to create another account and try to talk some jibber jabber shit that probably most of us haven't ever heard of just to try to boost his ego for the work he's done.

Anyways, very nice work man. Looks great and I can't wait to see the rest and end result. Good luck with it.

uhhh... make it less obvious? 2 accounts is bannable by the way.

Sanitarium, I dont have two accounts. I have used "AudioGuru" for email addresses and forum names for 15 years or so. Please don't jump to conclusions. I enjoy spending time on this forum but dont apreciate your accusatory post. Please edit it or remove it.

Check out my caraudio builds.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72104-scary-truck-rebuild/

Check out our Custom Home Theater builds @

www.SoundAdviceUtah.com

Highly doubtful he's gonna show off all this work, past and present, just to create another account and try to talk some jibber jabber shit that probably most of us haven't ever heard of just to try to boost his ego for the work he's done.

Anyways, very nice work man. Looks great and I can't wait to see the rest and end result. Good luck with it.

Ditto Pokey :rolleyes: Agreed across the board :D Especially the jibber jabber part :wacko:

Ego tip meus hat vobis

Very Nice Design.

Two points I really enjoyed.

1. I especially like your forward sloped baffle. I am confident the principle argument for it was the physical dimensions of the basket, but deep down (and by deep down, I mean at least tertiarily) you were trying to offset the sustained causal effects of Schrodinger's Equation.

2. Secondly and far more academically, I Love your port. A clear demonstrated knowledge of the wonderful (and much taken for granted) studies of the late Dr. Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz.

Granted, most will argue there is little room for qauntum mechanics among all these trunk slammers and barely more then deck & 4's that grossly pervade this website, let alone the industry today, but alas... you represent the far too infrequent pearl in the mud.

"Per abated spiritus ego specto..."

Thanks, I guess. I did put a considerable amount of thought into the design and work to this point. No offense, but i had to google the names you mentioned.

Check out my caraudio builds.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72104-scary-truck-rebuild/

Check out our Custom Home Theater builds @

www.SoundAdviceUtah.com

Wow. That's a lot of forethought put into that box design. Awesome.

Clicky for build log....

2002 Tahoe

DC Power Inc 3 alt bracket with 2x230a. alts 1 stock

Eclipse CD5030

2 JL HD 600/4

4 Rockford Fosgate 2500bdcp's

4 DC Audio 18" XL's

4 Pr MB Quart Premium Components

200FT Stinger HPM 1/0

Rockford 360.2

No where near enough sound deadening

Thanks, I guess. I did put a considerable amount of thought into the design and work to this point. No offense, but i had to google the names you mentioned.

No offense taken of course. My apologies for inadvertanly bruising sanitariums ego and causing him to attack us both. Simply because our screen handles are similar? Can you say paranoid much? Oh well. Every passion has its fruitcakes that reduce every conversation to a simple egomaniacally-fueled penis-race. Personally I find it easiest to just treat them as they deserve. Simply & purely non-existent.

But back to the case at hand, I have browsed this and many many other forums for some time now and very rarely feel compelled to involve myself in any way. I am a passioned observer at best and nothing more. I was inspired by several of your design choices not just because of there uniqueness in an otherwise dull and repetative industry, but because of there mathematical correctness and just wanted to say Good Job.

WARNING - Science Geek at work below :-)

Sorry for the ancient referrals. I love acoustic sciences and have studied them all the way back to their roots.

As a breif clarification if I may:

1. Schrodingers equation in its simplest define is the study of linear inertial energy at the particle level. In acoustical terms its symptoms are often misdiagnosed as longitudinal slap echo or even standing waves (which ironically are not standing at all).

2. Helmholtz of course was the Father of Acoustic Sciences and the name behind the Helmholtz resonator. Helmholtz resonance defined as the phenomenon of air resonance in a cavity. Hmmm... sound familiar? In modern terms = Speakers, Ports & Cabinets are all loosely defined Helmholtz resonators. Obviously (and sadly) very few people understand the math and science behind how and why Porting works or how to effectively improve upon its efficiency.

I can count on one hand the number of boxes I have seen in the last 35+ years that approached even 50% efficiency. Even at the very top of the extreme edge of this industry, there is so much mechanical energy lost in port and or port/cabinet design that your box is a very nice breath of fresh air.

At the risk of bringing more weak-ego weenies out of the woodwork, I applaud you and cant wait to see what the results of your box will bring. I am sure I bore you and I promise to withdraw my science-fueled comments from now on, but I am convinced that a man who takes the time to build his port walls out of individual hand routered layers (very very cool by the way) to acheive his goals is exactly the kind of man who is going to be very very happy with the results when they finally fire the beast up!

Anyways, sorry for butting in to your thread, I will enjoy watching it unfold from afar and keep my thoughts to myself...

Letifico quod prosperitas vobis!!!

Ditto Pokey :rolleyes: Agreed across the board :D Especially the jibber jabber part :wacko:

Ego tip meus hat vobis

No offense on the jibber jabber part. Just meant that I don't know anyone here that would fully understand exactly what you were talking about without having to google it, haha.

No offense on the jibber jabber part. Just meant that I don't know anyone here that would fully understand exactly what you were talking about without having to google it, haha.

I did. Anyway I really love this build. Hope people hurry up with your plexi. What are you going to finish the outside of the box with?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

No offense taken of course. My apologies for inadvertanly bruising sanitariums ego and causing him to attack us both. Simply because our screen handles are similar? Can you say paranoid much? Oh well. Every passion has its fruitcakes that reduce every conversation to a simple egomaniacally-fueled penis-race. Personally I find it easiest to just treat them as they deserve. Simply & purely non-existent.

But back to the case at hand, I have browsed this and many many other forums for some time now and very rarely feel compelled to involve myself in any way. I am a passioned observer at best and nothing more. I was inspired by several of your design choices not just because of there uniqueness in an otherwise dull and repetative industry, but because of there mathematical correctness and just wanted to say Good Job.

WARNING - Science Geek at work below :-)

Sorry for the ancient referrals. I love acoustic sciences and have studied them all the way back to their roots.

As a breif clarification if I may:

1. Schrodingers equation in its simplest define is the study of linear inertial energy at the particle level. In acoustical terms its symptoms are often misdiagnosed as longitudinal slap echo or even standing waves (which ironically are not standing at all).

2. Helmholtz of course was the Father of Acoustic Sciences and the name behind the Helmholtz resonator. Helmholtz resonance defined as the phenomenon of air resonance in a cavity. Hmmm... sound familiar? In modern terms = Speakers, Ports & Cabinets are all loosely defined Helmholtz resonators. Obviously (and sadly) very few people understand the math and science behind how and why Porting works or how to effectively improve upon its efficiency.

I can count on one hand the number of boxes I have seen in the last 35+ years that approached even 50% efficiency. Even at the very top of the extreme edge of this industry, there is so much mechanical energy lost in port and or port/cabinet design that your box is a very nice breath of fresh air.

At the risk of bringing more weak-ego weenies out of the woodwork, I applaud you and cant wait to see what the results of your box will bring. I am sure I bore you and I promise to withdraw my science-fueled comments from now on, but I am convinced that a man who takes the time to build his port walls out of individual hand routered layers (very very cool by the way) to acheive his goals is exactly the kind of man who is going to be very very happy with the results when they finally fire the beast up!

Anyways, sorry for butting in to your thread, I will enjoy watching it unfold from afar and keep my thoughts to myself...

Letifico quod prosperitas vobis!!!

LOL. No need to apologize, you didn't even brush my ego.

To be honest, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you thought ego even came into play from your flamboyant exasperations.

I agree this is a great build and was only pointing out that I was suspicious of the transgressions in this thread, IE the similarities between the usernames and the fact that despite the similarities you chose to use your first post in your likeness's build log.

I do apologize for this late reply, as I do work a 12 hour shift and left for work soon after posting last.

Now back to stroking my "bruised from someone else getting praise" ego.

Archived