Sonic Electronix

and the port size is up to you,it depends on what frequency you want the box tuned to. now port tunning and the cross over frequency that you tune the sub to are two seperate things,so don't get that part mixed up. the first thing you want to know is how many cubic feet of air space both subs will require and how many cubes you have in your car or wherever the box is going.it's at this point you can decide how you want to build your box.

i want to make vented enclosure port...if my box is 8 cubic feet..do i have to add extra space for my port?or 8 cubic feet is already enough?

if you have 8 cubes of total space, then everything will get deducted from that. such as wood, port, sub, and bracing displacement. 8 cubes is GROSS volume, while the volume you get after subtracting all displacements is NET volume. so if you want a net volume of 8 cubes, then the port volume will be extra volume added to the overall box

you have to subtract the thickness of the board you are building with( this includes the port cause your building it out of the same mdf) thats port L X W X H devided by 1728 of your port. that will be the volume of air inside your box that the port is taking up.your speaker will take up some too but the manufacturer

will give you thise numbers.( this part is not really that important unless your competeing for SPL or DB DRAG.

Edited by gofastcrazy

if you have 8 cubes of total space, then everything will get deducted from that. such as wood, port, sub, and bracing displacement. 8 cubes is GROSS volume, while the volume you get after subtracting all displacements is NET volume. so if you want a net volume of 8 cubes, then the port volume will be extra volume added to the overall box

ive done my box length...what is the good tuning for my box?im using double t1...ive been making 8 cubic feet box by its volume...what is the good tuning for my woofer ?

hey man not trying to give you shit but if you really dont understand this have someone build a box for you. reason im saying this is because i just built a box like 3 hrs ago and i put the port in a wrong placeand its doesnt look like an L shape. (dontask) and i have some knowledge and my father is a carpenter and when he looked at the box he said hey son the opening at the back of the box doesnt look like your other box does. all im saying is. if you are willing to try just be patient and by like 100 sheets of MDF. j/k because you will screw up.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74