INSTALLER SCREWED ME OVER - HELP

im so pissed off right now i go to check my gains after having the ultimate electronics guy adjust them.

he was the one telling me never go back to my previous installer and how my gain was too high blah blah blah

so he puts my gain too 100% max WTF!!! i dont think it messed anything up but that just pisses me the fuck off.

with that it sounded good for about 2 days then the volume started getting quieter and quieter on the subs.

thats what made me check.

so i put it to 3/4 gain and 0% bass boost and +2 bass on my hu out of -6 to 6. it started to sound louder when i put my LPF to about 120 where he had it at 70.

so i take a quick drive to test it out and of course its nowhere near as loud as what he set it at (100% fucking gain) but i blow a fuse on one of decafs songs slo death in a hurse for some reason.

why am i blowing fuses on the amp again? it stopped when the guy put my gain up which makes no sense.

and is 0.5 (3/4 gain), 120 on my LPF, 0 bass boost, 15htz LSF, phase at 0 - do those settings sound ok to you? what adjustments would you make?

and i have no money and i dont live by anyone on these forums and i dont have an oscope or know how to do that so i just have to set them by what sounds best i guess.

please help what settings would you recommend?

500 watt kenwood class d mono amp

two 12" d3 diamond subwoofers

pioneer headunit

memphis RCAS

thats about all i can list for my system since i didnt install everything else

ive told a few people about this on the forums but i think its just too funny not to post :D

this happened last month

so theres this kid at my school that got a system about two months back. he had two 12" jl audio and he always would talk about how he knows car audio and all this stuff, thinking hes the loudest in the school and the coolest. he also is very rude and acts like hes all that. so i decided to do a little work in audacity one night and bass boost a selection of songs to the max. after that i burned it to a cd and went to school the next day.

i go talk to the kid at lunch tellin him i want to check out his system because people have told me how good it is. hes like yeah its pretty loud. so i tell him i have a cd of some songs i wanted to listen to specifically and he could keep it after if he wanted. so he tells me after school to meet him and follow him to his car outside to listen to it.

so when i get to his car i give him the cd and he puts it in. hypnotize by jeezy starts playing and heres the LOL of it. when it first hits, it sounds like shit and you can hear his subs clipping very badly. when he hears the first hit his eyes get big and he looks at me and starts nodding his head. then he turns it down about 5 secs in and starts saying how this is the loudest his system has ever been.

after he tells me that he turns it up again and nods his head like its so sick of a system and everything, while im playing along nodding my head too.

not even 15 seconds probably into it, i start smelling smoke and then we hear a loud POP and his subs quit working.

he starts flipping out immediately and goes to check his subs. he starts pushing the cone in as far as it will go and you can hear the subs making a crunching noise.

he got so nervous and started talking about how his dad would kill him since hes the one who bought it (even though this kid is very rich). i start telling him that what happened is that the gain on his amp was too high. he told me he didnt know anything about that and i actually looked at his amp acting like i knew what i was talking about (because im not about to get in trouble and let him know about my cd)

so i told him his gain was way too high and that was his problem. i end up getting my cd back and told him if he wants it ill make a copy of it later. he says ok and he goes home. i havent talked to him since and its the funniest thing ive ever witnessed. hahahahaha

:D :D

LMFAO Thats what the fuck you get you don't deserve help...and then I also read where you are pissed because you got banned for saying I'll pray for you in chat because you are a Christian......yea right

Edited by Purdy
On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

a lot of equipment would be saved if everyone knew what distortion sounded like. I remember when i first got into car audio, cranked the gains on a 300 rms amp on a 500 rms rated woofer and cooked it and was so pissed because i had no idea why lol

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

AHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wow.

You got what you deserved. The installer probably heard about it somehow. I hope your subs are fucked :lol:

Agreed. I hope your subs are toast and you don't have the cash or warranty to replace them.

I don't see how you could have the nerve, to post this topic up asking for help, after you posted what you did to the other kids system? I wish you would have been driving and saw smoke in your rear view, would have made me laugh even harder.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz