INSTALLER SCREWED ME OVER - HELP

im so pissed off right now i go to check my gains after having the ultimate electronics guy adjust them.

he was the one telling me never go back to my previous installer and how my gain was too high blah blah blah

so he puts my gain too 100% max WTF!!! i dont think it messed anything up but that just pisses me the fuck off.

with that it sounded good for about 2 days then the volume started getting quieter and quieter on the subs.

thats what made me check.

so i put it to 3/4 gain and 0% bass boost and +2 bass on my hu out of -6 to 6. it started to sound louder when i put my LPF to about 120 where he had it at 70.

so i take a quick drive to test it out and of course its nowhere near as loud as what he set it at (100% fucking gain) but i blow a fuse on one of decafs songs slo death in a hurse for some reason.

why am i blowing fuses on the amp again? it stopped when the guy put my gain up which makes no sense.

and is 0.5 (3/4 gain), 120 on my LPF, 0 bass boost, 15htz LSF, phase at 0 - do those settings sound ok to you? what adjustments would you make?

and i have no money and i dont live by anyone on these forums and i dont have an oscope or know how to do that so i just have to set them by what sounds best i guess.

please help what settings would you recommend?

500 watt kenwood class d mono amp

two 12" d3 diamond subwoofers

pioneer headunit

memphis RCAS

thats about all i can list for my system since i didnt install everything else

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

what size is/are the fuse(s) on your amp

and then what size is your inline fuse?

Alpine CDA-9886

2x DC lvl4 15s

SoundStream PCA2000D

6 cubic feet

tuned 32hz

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

and is 0.5 (3/4 gain), 120 on my LPF, 0 bass boost, 15htz LSF, phase at 0 - do those settings sound ok to you? what adjustments would you make?

and i have no money and i dont live by anyone on these forums and i dont have an oscope or know how to do that so i just have to set them by what sounds best i guess.

put the LPF to 80, put the bass on your headunit to 0. put the subsonic filter to about 30-35hz (or w/e the tuning of your box is if its ported)

oh yea and tune the gains correctly with a multimeter (theres a thread on here your gonna have to find in the electrical section) then your fine. dont just put the gain to "1/4" "1/2" "3/4" since you dont know if your even clipping or not.

you should totally leave that cd you burnt at his shop

and your gains way to high

and do what tranny said up there

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

put the LPF to 80, put the bass on your headunit to 0. put the subsonic filter to about 30-35hz (or w/e the tuning of your box is if its ported)

oh yea and tune the gains correctly with a multimeter (theres a thread on here your gonna have to find in the electrical section) then your fine. dont just put the gain to "1/4" "1/2" "3/4" since you dont know if your even clipping or not.

So so tru

smdsigbannr4bx2.jpg

are you that guy that fucked up some kids system with a clipped all to hell cd?

if so karmas a bitch isnt it?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

definetly is him lol

people take karma wayyyy too lightly

like how i used to make fun of people whos power steering belts squeaked.

until ive had to replace mine 4 times in a year

Alpine CDA-9886

2x DC lvl4 15s

SoundStream PCA2000D

6 cubic feet

tuned 32hz

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.