Second Skin Audio

when porting rear deck

so i have decided to go ahead and port thrue my rear deck, i have an 07 impala i'm using six four inch psp aero ports. seats don't fold down so i was planning on firing subs to the rear of the car, so subs back ports thrue the deck. will this be o.k. or should i fire into the back seat?

subs are dc lvl 4 15's with duel .7 lvl 5 coils, planning on running these on 2500 or 3000 rms havn't decided on an amp yet. box is going to be right around 6.75 cubes after displacement. any advice would be appreciated

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

so you think it would sound better firing into the seats?

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

i've experimented with some of the same things since my seats don't fold down either and i've found it to sound better with the subs firing towards the trunk not the seats. not sure of the exact science behind it and the sound bouncing off the trunk rather than being absorbed by the seats... idk but its always sounded better towards the trunk for me.

thank's for your impute, i know that when your doing a system in the trunk firing it to the rear seems to have better results. just wasn't sure with porting thru the rear deck.i guess i will try and see,

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

Should sound good porting through the deck. Unless your seats fold down it's almost always better to fire the subs toward the trunk. Probably best with a big 'ole single chamber with a slot port down the center.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

ive had great results in a caddy firing port and subs back with 6x9s removed, 1/2 rear deck cutout out and the armrest cutout

physically putting ports thru the rear deck is best when firing the subs forward... not when the subs are still contained in the trunk, this usually sounds bad because not all the sound is produced by the port... so u will miss out on some/cause cancellation when u dont have both the speaker wave and port wave interacting

the idea behind firing it back is that it gives more distance between you and the speaker for the sound waves to form... some being 30ft+ long u "hear" them more the more time u give them to expand... this principal is used for the loudest drive-by spl guys... they want their waves to expand 6ft outside of the car... but we want as many waves in our car as possible

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

ive had great results in a caddy firing port and subs back with 6x9s removed, 1/2 rear deck cutout out and the armrest cutout

physically putting ports thru the rear deck is best when firing the subs forward... not when the subs are still contained in the trunk, this usually sounds bad because not all the sound is produced by the port... so u will miss out on some/cause cancellation when u dont have both the speaker wave and port wave interacting

the idea behind firing it back is that it gives more distance between you and the speaker for the sound waves to form... some being 30ft+ long u "hear" them more the more time u give them to expand... this principal is used for the loudest drive-by spl guys... they want their waves to expand 6ft outside of the car... but we want as many waves in our car as possible

i have a caddy as well with the arm rest cut out, never tried cutting out any of the rear deck, what kind of caddy do you have i have a 91 seville. did that rear deck cut out make any difference for you?

Get someone that knows about 6th orders to help you, then fire the subs toward the seats. All you would have to do is get some MDF and put it up around the area of the trunk between your box and your back seat(including the back of it),and now you got a 6th order, as well as the back window to increase your spl.

That actually looks sorta like the pics zierbox posted.

Edit: After looking at the build it is a band pass not a 6th order the difference being, the sixth order is ported into the second chamber, where as the bandpass is a sealed box firing into the second chamber.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.