Looking for a "field notebook"

So the job has tasked me with finding a hand-held unit that's more ergonomic for "field use". They want the ability to hand write on it with a stylus, and either save it for transcription to a computer or automatically send it to their computer over the air. Something that can convert handwriting to text.

Is there anything that you guys know about that has this ability? Something like a palm pilot or just a digital notepad? They are more geared toward Excel style format, but they are open for suggestions. Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

So the job has tasked me with finding a hand-held unit that's more ergonomic for "field use". They want the ability to hand write on it with a stylus, and either save it for transcription to a computer or automatically send it to their computer over the air. Something that can convert handwriting to text.

Is there anything that you guys know about that has this ability? Something like a palm pilot or just a digital notepad? They are more geared toward Excel style format, but they are open for suggestions. Let me know what you guys think!

i use an HP tablet which works good for me. the newer models are nice.

New Model

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

• 3 weeks later...

In the field, we use panasonic "tuff books" these bitches are titanium outside, all rubber boots over the external connections.>VERY VERY STRONG, and mildly quick. They are a touch screen/tablet/ screen turns 180 degrees, and lays completly flat, etc...... might be expensive, but will NEVER break under mild drops, run it over, etc.......

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny